Hello from Iowa

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Trent and I started using MFP about a week ago. I'm still getting used to putting all of my food in, and have missed a day, but am getting better at it. I'm 27 years old and as of a week ago, was at my highest weight ever of 335 pounds. I've gained about 25 of that since quitting smoking a little over 4 months ago, but that's more of an excuse. My steady weight gain over my life has been due to unhealthy eating. Too much junk food, fast food, fried food, etc. I know how to eat healthy, but I don't do it enough. I hope this is where MFP will help me. I've lost 4 lbs this week and started a membership at Anytime Fitness today. Tonight was my "first" workout in quite a while. I exercised for about an hour and was drenched afterwards.

I'm done living this way, and feeling unhappy about my health. It's time to make a change and to become the person on the outside that I am on the inside.

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and lots of luck. I'm with you I know how to eat healthy but the ease of some things is just too enticing. I've been exercising. Dancing with Wii games but haven't tracked much just because I haven't been eating that much either. I'll go down and then gain a bunch of water weight from one single day of not getting enough water in. Darn hypertension. Of course the key to lower it in my case is lose the weight. I know because once I get around 250 or so it drops on its own.

Great job on losing 4 lbs your first week. I've gotta remember to get on my scale in the morning. I haven't weighed in a couple weeks since my daughter, brother and I started dancing a few nights a week on the Wii games.
  • countryguy05
    Options
    Hey Trent!

Welcome to MFP! I'm also from Iowa (Ankeny) and work out at Anytime fitness. I joined in November and have lost 47 lbs over the last 4.5 months, but still have 90lbs to go. I can testify that exercise and following MFP's guidence works. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you want someone in a similar situation to help keep you motivated!

12599777.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PatrickP90X
    Options
    Hey Trent,

My name is Patrick and Im 31 and am from Minnesota. I am totally in agrement with you in the eating unhealthy department. Growing up I literally lived on fast food and junk food, During my teenage years I ate at Burger King 3-4 times a day. I know how to eat healthy as well, Im getting better at it though because I have been logging my food for about a week now I am starting to see either I am eating too much salt or too much sugar. I smoked cigarettes all throughout high school from the time I was 15 until the age of 27. I want to change my life as well and at times I get discouuraged, I know that I am the only person that can really change my life for the better. I have the P90X system and have been starting and restarting the system for about a week now. I would like to give you support if you need it.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey Trent...I am up in NE Iowa and have been on MFP since January 4th. AGAIN! I had been on before but wasn't committed. I have not missed a day now although making time for exercise is hard. Just keep logging in and writing things down even if they aren't something you are proud of! When you close out at the end of the day you might now like the weight it projects but its a pretty good motivator for me to do better the next day :) And I have A LOT of weight to lose so its good for me to log everything in :)
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Trent! I'm a neighbor (of sorts) in IL =) Congrats on your loss and getting into working out! Stick with it, it will get easier. I lost 30 lbs after having my third child...and now after having a fourth am in need of the same and then some! But I know I can do it and so can you!
  • trizzler
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! I have a feeling that MFP will be a great thing for me, especially with participating in the community and hopefully writing on my blog as well. Thanks again!!
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP from a cold nottingham in the UK. names Trevor, feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support.
  • cnbeyerfink
    Options
    Anyone in or around the Mason City area?