MAKEUP HELP!!!!

Options
MsWhiteParks
MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
Since losing weight I have started feeling alot more confident in myself and have started wearing more makeup than I used to and I LOVE it :)

Im not really sure where to start with alot of things though... after reading rave reviews I want to try a primer? I have had a few issues with my foundation not going on as smoothly as it could, and not lasting as long as it could.

All good and well... but when I go to buy one, I have A MILLION choices!! Where do I start?

I need something at a reasonable price, and easy to use!!

Ps Im from the UK... If that makes a difference for shopping?

Thanks xx

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay Foundation Primer.

It's fricking awesome. I tried it and have since recruited every woman I know into using it. Just fantastic stuff.
  • kldevore
    Options
    Musing of a muse is a great blog that does reviews on makeup. It's a little hard to navigate but I found it really helpful. totalbeauty.com also has a great review section as well.
  • MsWhiteParks
    Options
    Where would I find that? Is it on the high street? x
  • MsWhiteParks
    Options
    Musing of a muse is a great blog that does reviews on makeup. It's a little hard to navigate but I found it really helpful. totalbeauty.com also has a great review section as well.

thanks hun x
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    GOSH velvet touch foundation primer. I'm a make up artist and I swear by it, you can buy it in superdrug for around £11. It feels great and you don't need to use too much!
  • try http://www.lisaeldridge.com/

She's an actual celebrity makeup artist (from the UK) and she has plenty of great tutorials on makeup ...everything from going out looks to the complete basics. I don't wear primer since I wear moisturizer and sunscreen.
  • estjames
    Options
    Some makeup only stores or makeup counters in malls will teach you how to apply and what the best products would be for you. If you seem interested in buying something they usually do it for free.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Try going to debenhams in Wakefield. I never used to use much makeup, got a free makeover done at urban decay last year and now I have buckets of the stuff!, it lasts really well and most important nothing is tested on animals!!
    Their individual stuff is quite expensive, i used to buy all mine from boots 17, say £4 for an eyeshadow, ud naked palette really good to start with comes with brush, primer which is a total miracle worker makes eyeshadow last all day, and 12 eye shadows for £30 so per shadow it's actually cheaper! also the shadow pencils and eyeliners are fantastic really easy to use, and the loose mineral foundation :) A lot of the products are available on eBay (new) much cheaper once you know which you
    need.
    Temptalia.com is really good for reviews and make up tips x
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Love Urban Decay's face and eye primer.
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I only recommend Smashbox or Makeup Forever primer, both can withstand high humidity, heat, and keeps everything intact as a decent polymer. For foundation, MAC ProLongwear and Estee Lauder Double Wear is great for an active woman who still wants a fuller coverage as well as an SPF. Happy Hunting!
  • Isidora87
    Options
    eyeslipsface.co.uk :) Cheap but great cosmetics :)
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Everyone's skin is a bit different so I would go to Sephora and try a few out. My favorites are the Bare Escentuals and Smashbox, which has different ones to balance out different skin types...
    Good Luck!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    No idea on foundation (sorry!) I only wear eye make up and lipgloss. :smooched:

If you want a good liquid eyeliner I swear by MAC Liquidlast - does not budge even in a tough workout

(and before the replies I don't wear makeup to workout I just don't take it off if I go after wearing it all day :smile: ) x
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Each primer does different things but if you're looking for long wearing foundation try revlon color stay. It's a medium to high coverage depending on how much you use and it's comparable to mac but at a drug store cost. I swear by it and if you use the right brush it will give you a flawless finish. I love the mac 187 stippling brush but that's just me. I also agree with whoever said the naked pallet. You get a ton of beautiful shadows for 35 at debenhams or house of fraiser, urban decay also do one of the best eyeshadow primer along with too faced shadow insurance. Try watching a few uk YouTube gurus like pixiwoo who are my favourite and incorporate a lot of different brands in their videos.
  • GreenSmoothieQueen
    Options
    A really great primer (if you're not allergic to silicone), is the Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel-Powder. It's actually to prevent chaffing but it has the EXACT same ingredients as Smashbox Photo Finish primer, only at about 1/8th the price. You can find it here in the US at any drugstore for around $8.00.
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Laura Mercer at Space NK (Mail order or store)
    It is expensive - BUT it lasts for AGES and AGES I promise (and it doesn't split like some primers do) and you are doing so well with your weight loss journey you deserve a treat.
    I like the Debenhams idea too - pamper yourself. Mid week is nicer you get more time and better chat!
    BodyShop do a lovely Vitamin C Skin Reviver which gives a lovely smooth silky touch too.

Go and be beautiful: with or with out makeup! x
  • sedelagarza
    sedelagarza Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has awesome primer also rimmel makes an awesome primer.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    eyeslipsface.co.uk :) Cheap but great cosmetics :)

This. I buy their stuff for $1-$8 and I LOVE them! They're really good quality, PLUS they're not tested on animals :)
  • Embell0830
    Options
    MAC primer is great and feels really silky going on. I don't know if MAC is in the UK, but if it is I highly recommend it.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    strawberrynet is an amazing website for great deals on fave products....check it out!