what food MUST you keep out of the house, and what do you re

Options
c2sky
c2sky Posts: 487 Member
I cannot have Dave's killer bread in the house, or frosted sugar cookies. But I do like fresh cranberry sauce made with splenda. Great garnish for sandwiches....so I guess I should go make some.

What say you?

ooopssssss, my subject was shortened. My second part of the question is, what would you replace the food with?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What's the end of the question supposed to say?
  • c2sky
    Options
    What's the end of the question supposed to say?

What would you replace the food with?
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Oh boy, I cannot have oreos in this house or the entire pack will be gone in 5 minutes
    Peanut butter wafers too, so good.

I've recently started to add more veggies to my diet, carrots, peas, green beans and celery I've found out I like depending on the way their cooked.
    Something I like to keep in the house is sugar free/ no sugar added fudgesicles, only 40 calories and they help with my chocolate cravings.
  • estjames
    Options
    Achatz's Michigan 4 berry pie with crumble topping is a no in my house.

I did not replace it with anything, I just moved out of state so I only get it when I am at my parents.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. Lovely, greasy salty potato chips..............

If I get a hankering, I get some Scoops and Salsa
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream ---> Yogurt/Fruit Smoothies.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    President's Choice Loads of Ketchup Chips. Once I open them they are gone.
  • mellymclaughlin
    Options
    Any biscuits/cookie/chocolate/Nutella. I can't help myself. I just eat the lot. Last time I got a pack of Chocolate Finger biscuits, I opened the box, had 4 as my MFP measurements......and then ate the rest. In about ten minutes flat!!

I haven't been getting in replacements as I know those snacks aren't really something I need to be eating at all. But I constantly pine for Nutella and brioche.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Macaroni, easily the biggest trigger when it comes to my binging. I haven't found a substitute for it yet but since I've started eating healthier, I also haven't been craving it.
  • c2sky
    Options
    Achatz's Michigan 4 berry pie with crumble topping is a no in my house.

I did not replace it with anything, I just moved out of state so I only get it when I am at my parents.

I would be so gone with this. We live in the northwest. Every time we go out to eat, usually some kind of berry crumble something is on the dessert menu. I have made my husband promise me he will not let the server even tempt us.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Pringles and Doritos have been replaced with Hula Hoops (in 25g bags) and pretzels. Actually, there is an opened tin of Pringles in the house just now, but I'm keeping well clear.
  • snookybear
    Options
    Pea's are a starchy veg, so eat in moderation.
    Snow Pea's, Sugar Snap peas, Green Beans, Broccoli & Cauliflower are better choices.
    Try a mixture stir fried with carrots and add a little low salt chicken stock