New here, just trying this out

Options
And hey, look, there's a forum! People I can get inspiration from! :)

I'm 220 pounds, 5'8", female, 33, I have ADD so this stuff is tough for me (I'm really impulsive with food.) I also get "hunger panic" from an episode in my life when I wasn't able to eat properly and I basically starved a little for 6 months, so it makes things hard. (Not an eating disorder, rather an episode of high anxiety combined with a bad dental infection that made it hard to eat.) I can't go to bed hungry or I have full on hyperventilating panic attacks. And I'm only setting my weight loss at half a pound a week! Anyway, my ideal weight according to the BMI thing is at the most 165, but honestly I'd be happy to be back down to 175 and just get some exercise and stop eating so much sugar. But hey, 165 would be nice! I'm big boned, so I look downright skinny at 135, especially since when I was that thin, I was also super muscular (Martial arts ftw!)

I noticed when I count calories, it forces me to eat healthier because if I eat junk, or too much sugar, I get soooo hungry.

So yeah, idk, I'm gonna look around, nice to meet you all!

Replies

• Sandra82874
    Options
    The MFP website is a great place to be to get the weight off and start eating healthy. Ihave been on here for 2 weeks now and I love it. It keeps me on my toes about what I am eating and how much and it also keeps me motivated to move