short hair and the gym?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Okay so I have decided I wanna cut my hair short again... how would I go about keeping it outta my face at the gym though? This is kinda essential as I am starting a Personal Training course this year... ?

Replies

• pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It depends what you call short
    I have short hair and I dont have problems with hair getting in my face

If you have like chinlength then I would say try to put them in a tiny ponytail and fix the fringe with a clip or maybe better, get a bandana, I think that keeps the hair off quite good as well
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have decided I wanna cut my hair short again... how would I go about keeping it outta my face at the gym though? This is kinda essential as I am starting a Personal Training course this year... ?

Hair clips/hairband. Simple.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Hun, you are at the gym! Who gives a ****? Please for yourself get down and dirty and just work your *kitten* off! Check your hair when you are feeling good about you
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Hun, you are at the gym! Who gives a ****? Please for yourself get down and dirty and just work your *kitten* off! Check your hair when you are feeling good about you

No I DO work my *kitten* off at the gym dw, but if I keep my hair in my face at the gym I usually end up with horrible acne, and I wanna be able to see what I'm doing :P only concerns I have really.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    uhh headband?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just bear in mind your clientele - they expect you to look a certain way. Stray too far from the beaten track and you'll struggle as PT. Image is everything in the health and fitness game.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Just bear in mind your clientele - they expect you to look a certain way. Stray too far from the beaten track and you'll struggle as PT. Image is everything in the health and fitness game.

Yeah.. :/
    It's like when I tell someone I am studying to become a CPT and they kinda look me up and down and go... oh... as I am still a tad bit overweight :/
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use bobby pins (just not at the very back so I don't get stabbed when lying down for crunches etc)... x
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had my hair super short and I just would wear a baseball cap.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    pins, clips, hairband, fixed and done
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I recommend getting a decent headband. One I've heard good things about is Sweaty Band. There's the actual brand, and if you go to Etsy and search for it, you will find other people who make a similar product for cheap.

Personally, I either throw mine back in a tiny ponytail with clips on my bangs, or I also have a non-slip headband from Lululemon that has served me well- thinking seriously of a sweaty band, though!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I found some rather thick (as in width, not material) cloth headbands at Target that I use to keep my hair back from my face and off my neck if I don't have a ponytail band on my wrist for the day. That extra inch on them makes them great for hiding a five-head like mine, too. :P
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options

No I DO work my *kitten* off at the gym dw, but if I keep my hair in my face at the gym I usually end up with horrible acne, and I wanna be able to see what I'm doing :P only concerns I have really.
    Ilove that you do that! Do you wear makeup? I go to the gym straight after work so I just whack a hat on...look like a **** cause there's no sun but the sweat is not gonna get me. I made a rule! Get out of the comfort zone! My gym asks me to do a core session.....and I do it. 15 mins - beautiful. Don't worry about the hair...love you and most importantly get out of your comfort zone. You are the only one holding yourself back
  • paulslimjonesbryant
    Options
    ive shaved mine for years gonna grow it long again
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Get one of those alice bands with teeth on them which draws the hair back away from the face and keeps it there. I wear one under my head guard when sparring and it's the only thing that stops my fringe escaping
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    It's like when I tell someone I am studying to become a CPT and they kinda look me up and down and go... oh... as I am still a tad bit overweight :/

Its a selling point. When you show your progress pictures to them, it shows you've done more than just read a book and learned, you've actually been in the same position too. Much easier for people to identify with that. Use it as an advantage, not a negative! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

Ilove that you do that! Do you wear makeup? I go to the gym straight after work so I just whack a hat on...look like a **** cause there's no sun but the sweat is not gonna get me. I made a rule! Get out of the comfort zone! My gym asks me to do a core session.....and I do it. 15 mins - beautiful. Don't worry about the hair...love you and most importantly get out of your comfort zone. You are the only one holding yourself back

Nah I don't. I wear makeup EVERYWHERE else, not caked on just covering horrible scars and redness from 10+ years of horrible acne. I usually just go first thing in the morning, but if I go at night time (every once in maybe a few weeks) then I'm not gonna take it off after work. Can't really be bothered.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

Its a selling point. When you show your progress pictures to them, it shows you've done more than just read a book and learned, you've actually been in the same position too. Much easier for people to identify with that. Use it as an advantage, not a negative! :wink: :bigsmile:

That's true!!!
    I have decided that when I make up business cards I'm gonna have like a before/after picture and then "If I could do it, so can you!" in between them (:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

That's true!!!
    I have decided that when I make up business cards I'm gonna have like a before/after picture and then "If I could do it, so can you!" in between them (:

Awesome - good work. I'm sure you'll do very very well! :happy:
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have my hair about to my chin with bangs so I take a hairtye to tie up as much as I can then I use bobby pins to get the rest! Those 'non-slip headbands' don't work for me.