New girl from Vic, Aus. 42 y/o mum with lots to lose.

Options
phee
phee Posts: 147 Member
Hi all,
My name is Jo. Im a mum of 3 boys from central Victoria in Australia. I am currently 270ish pounds!! I know...I hate even writing it. And i need to lose about half of that! But i have successfully lost weight in the past so i know I can do it and I am finally ready to get back into it and take charge of my life! I am following a cyclic ketogenic diet plan and am starting off with a 6 day a week light exercise program which I plan to increase as I go along. I would really love to meet some other people who are following a similar type of weight loss regime or who have a similar amount of weight to lose. Not really sure how this site works yet so i am just finding my way but I think the succes stories on this site are amazing and I am looking forward to learning more as I go. Lets get into it!

Replies

• eccentricity
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Melbourne, I have two girls :) I wish you well on your journey!
  • cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello fellow vics!! I'm from the melbourne area and have one son who is 18 mths old. I know it's tough dedicating time " for ourselves" but it's so worth it. Welcome and good luck feel free to add me
  • phee
    Options
    Thx for the welcome Eccentricity.

I wish you well on yours also. Im really looking forward to learning more about this site. I'd like to get myself one of those tickers you've got too. Have a great day.

Jo
  • phee
    Options
    Hi Cssm,

Thank you. I just sent you a FR. I just joined on January twenty something as well but i notice that my profile says i joined in 2009. I never really did use it back then though and cant work out how to change it. Anyway, its great to meet someone who has only just joined also. Totally agree that its hard for a mum to find time for herself with so many other priorities. Enjoy your day.

Jo
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    hi there..Im from Ballarat...nice to see some aussies on this site too..im about 6 days in...doing ok...good luck to you..anyone feel free to add me
  • phee
    Options
    Hi Nicole. Great to meet someone who is so close. Im from Maryborough which is just under an hour from Ballarat. Looks like you must have started same day as me!! I started on Monday so my first weigh in is tomorrow. How has your first week been?