Weight loss

Options
Well 1st weigh in and I've lost a measly 3lb !!

Replies

• Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! It took me a MONTH to lose 3 lbs!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is a great accomplishment! According to your ticker, you only have 25 to lose; it took me 5 month to lose that at about a pound a week. Slow and steady, or something like that. I am not to good with sayings. I should look it up...
  • orlaoshea
    Options
    3 lbs of fat is a lot for one week. Thats almost a stone in a month and time flies.

Any loss over that and you could be losing muscle. Follow your fat & muscle % to get an accurate picture of whats going on.

You can get scales which do that.
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wish i cold lose 3 lb in a week! Thats amazing! Im losing half a pound a week, now thats disheartening!

Keep up the good work, and like the above said thats nearly a stone a month!!

x
  • Paulapumpkin
    Options
    Hay 3 pounds amazing chick, its a bag and half of sugar ! just think bout having to carry that bout with you everyday,

Your doing really well, x
  • alisonjaneyelland
    alisonjaneyelland Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just a bit impatient! Although I did measure this morning and had lost a inch off tum and 1/2 off hips so something's happening
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    NOTHING measly about 3 lb! That is great stuff :-)
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with all previous comments. Also I'm glad you measured yourself because there are so many different ways of counting victories other than numbers! IE measurements, clothes fitting, realizing a change in the way you have thought about something, reaching an exercise goal, finishing a project that has been nagging at you etc etc... GOOD JOB on what you have accomplished so far!
  • Sabineslims
    Options
    measly?
    That's HUGE!!!
    I would be so thankful to lose 3 pounds in a week. Heck, even 2 or 3 weeks!
    You didn't put that weight on over night. There is no reason to think it will come off over night, either.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is great. It's not so much what he scale says but the tape measure your doing good!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: 3Lb thats 10,500 calories :bigsmile:
  • alisonjaneyelland
    Options
    2 nd weigh in and another 4lb off :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Just a bit impatient! Although I did measure this morning and had lost a inch off tum and 1/2 off hips so something's happening

Hell yes, 3 pounds is nearly 1.5kg and that's a significant amount to lose!
    Remember, this isn't the biggest loser here, it's real life. When I started out, I would look at other people's tickers and see them near or at their goals and then feel miserable at my ticker showing "1 kg lost". But, I kept going and here I am, one year later, happily maintaining and just losing a little bit now and again, getting ever closer to my longer term (though not really necessary) goal!

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter what "diet" you follow, as long as you get a combo of eating and exercise that work for you and you keep at it, that you will see results. It's stopping and starting that is so depressing.
  • alisonjaneyelland
    Options
    Weigh in day today another 1 1/2 lb off
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thats great progress, well done you and keep up the good work!
  • gailashton
    Options
    That's awesome. Don't be so hard on yourself... you could be 3 pounds heavier! 3 lbs a month adds up to 36 pounds in a year, think of how fast a year goes by. Look at the entire picture. Keep up the good work!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Three lbs in a week is far from measley. That's a lot to lose in a week. It's usually not healthy to lose much more than that, 3 lbs a week is awesome. I wish I were losing 3 lbs a week. And considering you only have 25 lbs to lose.... that's incredibly rapid.
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's great! Weigh out 3 lb of rice (1.4 kg) and see what it looks like! Way to go! : )
  • dolphins_149
    Options
    Thats a really great tip, weigh out what you lost so you can visualize it. Three pounds won't look so bad.

OR... try carrying around a three pound weight for a week!
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea too!
    I have also done exercise with rice (the weight I have lost) in a backpack. It is so scary how much extra strain my body felt just with a small amount of extra .... eek!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!