Body fat %

Options
Exactly 8 months ago I was at 44% body fat and now am down to 35%. During those months I had to take August, December and January off due to injury and other health issues. Is this a good amount to lose in that time frame? I don't really know anything about body fat. Should it have been higher or is that about right? I've been on maintenance the past two months.

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    thats a lot! almost 10%. any body fat lost is good imo. :D
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    That is bloody awesome!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You're a rock star, seriously. That is awesome.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    That is awesome!

Keep it up!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'd say you're doing one hell of a job if you're down almost 10%. I started last March around 29%, and am currently around 22%, so I'd say the 9% loss in the same time is very good. All our bodies work differently, and as long as you're healthy and not hurting yourself doing it, I'd say it's great progress. :)
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Exactly 8 months ago I was at 44% body fat and now am down to 35%. During those months I had to take August, December and January off due to injury and other health issues. Is this a good amount to lose in that time frame? I don't really know anything about body fat. Should it have been higher or is that about right? I've been on maintenance the past two months.

9% is really great and I would not care too much about figures: I would consider my shape instead. I would also be carefull with time frames, and certainly with comparison: first, % for a 300lbs and a 200lbs people are not comparable, as for men and women, sportive and sedentary, etc. Second, I once went much quicker than you but took it all back...I went fasting and overtraining and it was certainly harmfull for my body at the end. A recent study showed that fat people doing nothing about it had a longer life than those trying to lse weight too quickly.

Maintaining for 2 months is actually a very very good sign...I would be proud of that. I hope February will bring you back on your fat loss journey and really congrats forthe job done.

The last very important point is that sticking 8 months with up- and-downs is a key for success...not 3 weeks in January after Christmas and before summer. Well done!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. :)