Noticing weight loss

Options
When did you all start to notice your own weight loss by looking in the mirror? and when did friends and family start to notice

Replies

• DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    After 4 30 day shred and low calorie days, I could feel my hip bones, which felt great. By 1 week I could notice in the mirror. By 3 weeks / 8 lbs lost, I could fit into clothes that haven't fitted for ages. That when friends and family started to notice.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    In the mirror after four months and 20kg lost. I looked in the mirror one day and went DAMN. I also spotted it in my legs today which I hadn't been able to see. I had previously been able to see it when looking at photos but that was the first time I did it unprompted.

Other people, most people in my department knew I was losing weight and I was getting compliments. After 10kg one of the women in a different dept (who I had previously worked with) walked up and asked if I was losing. When I said yes told me how noticable it was. Around the 20kg mark a woman I barely knew from the other side of the office walked up and said 'I just have to tell you, you look FANTASTIC, keep it up!' Made my day! My parents and grandparents had last seen me at around 118kg and in September after losing 13kg I was 124kg. All of them commented that they thought I was around the same as last time. I went home in December. When I walked up to my dad at the train station he got a huge grin and said it was noticeable. My mum cried. So did my grandma! Loved it.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Well mine was fairly rapid here are 2 pictures, one of me towards the end of september, I then started around mid to the end of october and this is what I have been able to achieve in such a short space of time

atmybiggest.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I've lost ~20 lbs from my highest point, and about 10 or 12 lbs since I started paying attention and running. No one really seems to notice except my wife.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My family/friends noticed after about a 10kg loss/22 pounds, but I was quite big to start off with...
    And I still feel like I am the same size :/
  • sazzlewilson
    Options
    BeautyFromPal I totally agree! I can see the difference in pictures, but when I look in the mirror, I still think I look the same!
    Friends/Work colleagues started to notice after about 5kg's but got heaps of comments at around 10kg's - which was a big motivator for me.
  • narenn
    narenn Posts: 73
    Options
    Others noticed after the first 25. It was obvious by 40+. Started at 270, need to get down to upper 180s.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Been heavy since after college. Since dropping near 60#, only those who know I'm trying to lose, notice!! Everyone else - nothing. Interesting. Do I threaten their sense of self or what?
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I started noticing after I was obsessively picking my shirt up to look at my stomach. I noticed it flatter and more defined. At the time, I was living two hours away, so my mom rarely saw me, but the first time she came up after I lost my first 8 lbs, she couldn't stop complementing me lol.
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hi i lost 22lb before anyone notice i am 5"1 and was 184lb im now 158lb i went down nearly 2 dress sizes from 16-18 to a 14 uk size
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    after i lost 50lbs people really started to notice .. i know i lost 80 but i dont know if mentally i really connect to that loss ..sometimes i think im still +80lb person
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My husband and mother-in-law have said they can tell I've lost and I've only lost 5 pounds (weighing in tomorrow hopefully a few more!). But other people haven't said anything yet. I think around 10 pounds or so, people notice, but nobody wants to say anything, LOL.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My mom and sis definitely the 1st to notice. Especially when my cloths starting to lose and my tummy beginning to take 2nd place. Well some how the started noticing when I beginning to lose at 2 kilos. That's about 5 pounds. When I lost 5 kilos my colleagues started to acknowledge and began commenting how much better I look. My boss stopped the fat jokes. Unfortunately he started picking in someone else.

The only frustration creeps up now and then is when I bump into someone whom I have not kept in touch the last 8 to 9 years. They had only seen the thin and slim me. Losing 9 kilos so far is a big deal for me but of course of them What happen to the trim me!!! So it makes them go....WHOA...YOU MUST BE VERY HAPPY NOW!!!!! SO MUCH SO IT SHOWS EVERY WHERE.

What do you say...when that happens?
  • LORRIE22
    LORRIE22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nonafit, Just tell them you are very happy now, but you were happier when you were very thin.
    So now you started dieting, and you hope to lose all the extra weight soon.

They don't need to know how much you have already lost.
    You look beautiful in the 2002 photo.
    I hope you can be that thin again. :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Husband grabbed my hips from behind and said that he can definitely see how I've shrunk...but still not a lot of pounds gone!
  • eileencorry
    Options
    My husband notices, or comments on it. I don't know if its noticeable, he always says what i need to hear.. Gotta love the man. No one else has said anything. I look in the mirror and see a change, but i dont really know if its different or am i seeing what i want to see. I will persevere though. I have a goal and nothing is going to get in the way! Up to now i have been my own worst enemy, not anymore~
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My mom is the only one who has noticed but she also knows I'm working on losing weight. My friends and co-workers haven't said anything yet. I'm hoping after I lose 25 pounds people will notice. Although I'm heavy to begin with. But it will def make my day when someone will notice...that I know!
    Keep up the hard work. We can all do this!!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    at 20 lbs or so....don't forget people may notice but not say something....
  • grexand
    Options
    they are just jealous :-)
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I really started noticing a difference in the mirror after finishing level one of the 30DS. My husband has noticed my waist getting smaller, but no one else really comments. It doesn't bother me--I can tell there's a difference, and I am pleased. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!