pump class

Hi
Does anyone know where to find pump classes in the data or do i have to figure out how many calories I use doing a class ?
Jann

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I couldn't find body attack, just aerobics, Pump might have to be logged as weights 60 mins - about 200 cals for my weight.
    try looking further on the inter net with your weight in the search.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Circuits, i think. or look on les mils and use their estimate.
  • Thanks guys,
    will see if i can look on the Les Mills site on line to get an estimate of calories
    J
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Just out of curiosity what is a pump class? Stupid question?
  • 560 average if anyone is interested
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    i did body combat at the gym last night and it kicked my butt big time .. i been working out two years and thought i was going to die when i got out of there lol ... i couldnt find it on here either so i took one hour of aerobics and used that as a guideline ..and here i am in the morning sore everywhere..great class and i will be taking it again!!!
  • body pump - it is a weight class which uses bar weights and hand weights for a all over workout

Not a stupid question - I have no idea what insanity is or some of the programs people talk about on here

J
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    I just logged it in as new exercise and go with what my HRM says. I'd say 550 average. I'm going this morning - gotta get there early on Saturday b/c class fills up!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    i did body combat at the gym last night and it kicked my butt big time .. i been working out two years and thought i was going to die when i got out of there lol ... i couldnt find it on here either so i took one hour of aerobics and used that as a guideline ..and here i am in the morning sore everywhere..great class and i will be taking it again!!!

I love Body Combat! Unfortunately, the really good instructor at my gym got his class cancelled because it wasn't very busy (was at 8.30 on a Tuesday, so I think it was too late for most people who want to get their workout done and get home), so I don't really go any more.

But I recommend if you like Combat to try Body Attack, if you haven't already. :)
  • I find that there are a few things that I cant find on here like kick boxing, cross training and the treadmil - I just try to estimate it as close as possible
    J
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    just googled --

Les Mill site advises that on average a female burns 390 calories per session and about 490 for men. It also advises that this is a very general estimation as there are many things that can affect a persons calorie consuption and advises using a heart rate monitor.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_calories_do_I_burn_during_a_1_hour_body_pump_class#ixzz1kl4HEZkZ
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    I wear a heart rate monitor during pump and burn between 300 -350 a session. I think it depends on how heavy you lift and the effort you put in. I see some lifting very light weights but for them they might be putting in full effort - id recommend a heart rate monitor if you want to know what your burning. Same with combat and attack. In combat I burn 350 - 400 calories and im only 5'6 and 109lbs. I work out 4 times a week with combat, pump and attack classes so im in pretty good shape - these cal burns are awesome for me in comparison to some other classes!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    The calorie burn also depends heavily on which release you are doing - those with a particularly long or challenging squat track (e.g. 79/Grenade) will really make you work. I have had as big a difference between releases as 150 cals, even using comparative weights the whole way through.
  • schnarfo
    The calorie burn also depends heavily on which release you are doing - those with a particularly long or challenging squat track (e.g. 79/Grenade) will really make you work. I have had as big a difference between releases as 150 cals, even using comparative weights the whole way through.

Is it just me or is this release easier than some of the others?!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    love love love body combat!!!
  • daphnemoon

I think it is definitely easier than 79, the squat track for that was similar to the current one but a lot more intense, and the lunge track -- oops realised I made a mistake in my earlier post, Grenade is the *lunge* track doh! - in 79 was a killer. Although there are propulsion lunges in this one I think the track overall is a *lot* easier. I've also been able to increase my shoulder weight in this release, which I haven't been able to do in any previous ones. So yup, think you're right, although my calorie burn, although less than 79, is higher than some releases from the early 70s.
  • schnarfo

I think it is definitely easier than 79, the squat track for that was similar to the current one but a lot more intense, and the lunge track -- oops realised I made a mistake in my earlier post, Grenade is the *lunge* track doh! - in 79 was a killer. Although there are propulsion lunges in this one I think the track overall is a *lot* easier. I've also been able to increase my shoulder weight in this release, which I haven't been able to do in any previous ones. So yup, think you're right, although my calorie burn, although less than 79, is higher than some releases from the early 70s.

I've been able to up my squat, back and shoulder weight for this release. Found chest a bit easier too as its broken up more and the end for us is just 20 singles, when I reach that last minute I can just go for it!
  • daphnemoon
    Yeah, the first time I did this release I wasn't too impressed with it overall (in terms of music, choreo etc.) but I did come away thinking, well at least I'll be able to up my weights for several tracks. I do like it now though.

That last part of the chest track is cool isn't it! I upped my squat weight last week but am finding the bottom halves a killer, which hasn't happened any other time I've upped my weights ha ha. Triceps is also good because there is so little time on the bar, so I have increased that too - if it was more than 1/3 on the bar there is *no way* I'd be able to increase it, as I have the weakest upper body ever to grace a pump class....
  • schnarfo
    Lol I can't do triceps. It hurts soooo bad my wrists are pretty weak so I have to strap them up with supports to be able to make it through most tracks !
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I couldn't find body attack, just aerobics, Pump might have to be logged as weights 60 mins - about 200 cals for my weight.
    try looking further on the inter net with your weight in the search.
    I've put a lot of them in myself since I teach 3 Les Mills formats. I use an HRM and then made my own exercise. Bodypump is usually around 400 something...or 500 with this new release! Body Attack I usually rock around 5-600 calories. :-)