first 5 lbs gone :-)

Options
I lost 70 lbs in 9 months in 2010 with WW and then got slack and the weight started to creep back up. I slammed on brakes a week ago today and REALLY started watching what I ate and worked out every day for at least 30 minutes. Proud to say that this morning I was down 5 lbs from last Saturday's weight! So 5 lbs down, 53 to go. YAY me!!! lol

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    YAY keep up the great work :)
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Great Start!

Just a warning - Usually when you start a new lifestyle plan or diet the loss at the beginning is big and fast. Part of the reason for this is water weight. Don't get frustrated when your weight loss slows down to 1 or so pounds per week. You can do this!

Good luck on your journey.
  • cesmith5
    Options
    I know just where you're coming from!!!
    Great news that it's beginning to shift - you'll look back in a few month's time and think "that's when it started to work"
    Keep going
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Well done thats brilliant , a great start :-)
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job, well done :)
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Great job! You're off to a wonderful start!
  • jenbrooks08
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Me too!! I lost 6. But, I started out in Oct of 2011 at 262.4, and my total lost is 27.0 Don't you find this format way easier than WW on line? I do. I was literally minutes from enrolling on WW again, when my daughter told m about this site, God Bless Her! I absolutely love it here!:love:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    amazing loss :) keep at it and you will soon see the results you deserve xx
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great job! I like that in the beginning the weight comes off faster. It is motivating. Just remember, like previously stated, it is most likely to slow down to a more healthy rate.

Good luck and keep going!
  • mrsdixon814
    mrsdixon814 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. Keep up the good work and even when the loss is minimal, it's still a loss. But, of course, losing weight in the past, you already know that. Good luck and I hope you keep it up. I can't wait to get 5lb loss!

13493180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first five and good luck with the rest of your losses
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats thats AWESOME!!!
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • gabriele_01
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everybody. And yes I know, the first week or two the weight comes off real easy and then it slows down. Been there, done that ;-) We'll just take it one week at a time. The weight didn't accumulate over night, so it won't come off over night. But it WILL come off :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!