Not your average success

Options
Most success stories on here are after months of working out and such, people talk about all the weight they've lost and post pictures.

I just wanted to share my own little victory because it makes me so happy.

I started eating better and excercising about 2 weeks ago. I can't tell you how amazing it feels. I haven't really lost much weight but god I feel like a different person. I don't feel sluggish getting out of bed or anything.

Before I started all this I was starting to feel really bad. As I described it to my husband, I felt like this gigantic blob that just couldn't move or do anything. I felt like crap, plain and simple. Complete and utter crap.

Now only 2 weeks later and I feel so awesome. I actually WANT to excercise. I'm happier, I even get more done around the house. I'm excited everyday that I wake up just to simply face the day!

Anyways, that's my little success story. It may not be much but in just weeks it's already changed my life.

Replies

• hungriesmama13
    Options
    Sounds like a big success to me. That's is, after all, what we should be striving for. I am "proud" that you are working to make better choices. I am "proud" of you success so far. Keep us posted as time goes by. I would love to hear about more "successes". Thanks for the inspirational post. I would love to be your friend on MFP. I like having honest, realistic people to talk to when I visit everyday.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is what is affectionately called a NSV (non-scale victory) and it IS the reason we are doing this. Weight loss and looking good are lovely side effects to losing weight but overall good feeling and good health are what it's all about!
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way..it is an awesome feeling for sure! Congrats!!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! it sounds like you've flipped the "switch"......

See how much better you feel now than you did two weeks ago when you were eating crappy?

people tend to forget and we quickly slip back into that same sluggish lifestyle. Stay focused every day and you will not only feel better about your weight, but you will gain more confidence in every part of your life.....

you really CAN do this.....

:)
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    That's SO awesome! Personally, I think that how I feel when I take care of myself is much more important than how I look. Congratulations on your success!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    That is great! Keep at it - it only gets better :smile:

Great attitude!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    these are the things that keep us going! little victories but important nonetheless. Keep it up!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Oh man I feel like that blob right now. I don't know why exactly I fell off the exercise wagon, and I'm still losing weight, but I don't want to move and I barely can. The only good thing is, my knees have had a chance to completely heal up from the torture of carrying me around at a jog for two months. Still, I have got to get back out there, because I feel wretched, and my mood is most foul.

Thanks for sharing this, it's a reminder of why that pesky exercise is worth doing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!