food matters
    food inc
    forks over knives
    fast food nation
    fat, sick, and nearly dead
  • sirenvega
    sirenvega Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way of the peaceful warrior. It's great!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Heavy
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The title pretty much says it all - I'm looking for health/weight-related movies (mostly documentaries, I suppose) that are available on Netflix Instant that you guys watch when you need a little inspiration!

:)

I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead this morning, I cried it was so good!!! And extremely, motivational...
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fat Head. Best of the Docu-dramas on food.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Keeping this to check out later.
  • jc46
    jc46 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JamieBarrett
    Options
    Bump :)

So glad you asked this question...I never thought of checking any of these out on Netflix until now.
  • lindsaypyke
    Options
    BUMP
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Bigger Stronger Faster

trollface.jpeg.

but seriously watch it. it's a good weightlifting movie.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I googled something similar awhile ago but couldn't find much. This is a great topic!

to the person who said biggest loser series....is that on watch instantly? I'd love to start watching it...
    Yes, but it's the older seasons.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Spirit of the Marathon is pretty good... Non food related, quite inspirational. You may even want to run a marathon after watching it.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump....I want to find some of these titles on Netflix later...Sounds interesting...Thanks for the post!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump! checking these out tonight when i get home. :smile:
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like to watch Run Fatboy Run....it's not a documentary...
    but it's definitely entertaining and gets me in the mood to run
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead the other day. I plan to check out some of the others ya'll have suggested.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Don't watch Supersize Me. It's a load of bull dung. I think we all know eating a burger, biggie fries, and a large coke is not good for you. Nevertheless, Morgan Spurlock fills the doc with misinformation, lies, exaggerations... it is a propaganda piece.

That said:
    FOOD MATTERS - I have seen every food doc out there and this one is the best in my opinion.
    FAT HEAD - This is the most entertaining food doc, and makes you question all that we have been taught.
    FOOD INC - Also a good watch.

I have seen all of the others and wouldn't recommend any of them, mainly because they are written from a point of view and not really objective.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't see it listed on Netflix but Pumping Iron is a great docudrama about weight lifting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_Iron
  • byronguy74
    Options
    Great topic! I have seen a couple of the movies but there are a couple I have not seen yet.
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great Topic. This is just what Im needing. Something to motivate me a bit. Struggling so much lately. Its so hard when real life stresses and issues are smacking you around! Thanks for all the suggestions.