SAHMandD--6/8--6/14

Options
staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
Marvelous Monday!!

It'sa beautiful morningin LasVegas and the puppy and I had an easy 15min walkthis am. From whati read, she shouldn't go on walks longer than 20min yet. Works fine for me. Don't particularly like the 5/5:30 am wake up call, but hubby's stillhome and it's light out and still nice and cool. so, that's what it'llbe. :happy:

I pretty well kept to my regular diet this weekend--hooray! and i exercised both days. for once, ididn't gain wt over the weekend.
now i cango into this week ready to lose more rather than trying to make up fordamage. i like that.

checkin when you can. what are your obstacles thisweek? canwe strategize tohelp you be successful??

mine isfiguring out and making dinner each night. out of appealing ideas and want the kids to actually eat someof it. :noway:

my soln: maketo do listand put making menu atthe top. get it planned today and makesure i have everything. plan on cooking tomorrow.

alright,must get organ for school. have a great morningall!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Stacey - Thanks for the Kugel recipe! I'm going to try it soon.

JadePearl - One of the many things I love about MFP is getting to know people from all over the world. And we have something else in common. I BFed both of my kids. My #1 until he was a year, and my #2 until almost 15 months. The last few months for my daughter was just before bed and before naps. It was the only way to get her to sleep. She's always been our "bad sleeper".

My weekend eating was horrible. I did eat breakfast yesterday, but it was hard to eat healthy since it was a celebration breakfast for the High School & above graduates in my church. I'm going to try to do better at the Father's day breakfast in 2 weeks.

My obstacle this week is getting back into a good routine for exercise & eating. I think once school ends for my son, it'll be easier. I've been getting up around 6:15 am each morning since my son has to be at school before 7:30. My goal is to wake up at 6:00 each morning during the summer to go for a good walk.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    Good luck!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll, I'm new to this forum. I have 3 kids, ages 6, 6 & 3, all boys. Nope, not twins, they were born on different continents.... I joined MFP & LA Fitness in late Jan, have seen good results so far. I go 5x/wk (was going 7, got exhausted, stopped losing weight, learned my lesson) and do cardio and strength training at this time. I've lost 38 pounds in that time frame, which I'm quite pleased about, although I have a long way to go.

My challenge is also menus, like someone else mentioned, I get bored with chicken breasts! And not taking naps in the afternoon, I screwed up my sleep cycle a few weeks ago and am still trying to get it back on track, so I do something instead of taking a nap in the afternoon (which then screws up going to bed on time, and the cycle continues).
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Hey ya'll, I'm new to this forum. I have 3 kids, ages 6, 6 & 3, all boys. Nope, not twins, they were born on different continents.... I joined MFP & LA Fitness in late Jan, have seen good results so far. I go 5x/wk (was going 7, got exhausted, stopped losing weight, learned my lesson) and do cardio and strength training at this time. I've lost 38 pounds in that time frame, which I'm quite pleased about, although I have a long way to go.

My challenge is also menus, like someone else mentioned, I get bored with chicken breasts! And not taking naps in the afternoon, I screwed up my sleep cycle a few weeks ago and am still trying to get it back on track, so I do something instead of taking a nap in the afternoon (which then screws up going to bed on time, and the cycle continues).

re: sleep--ambien is a terrific little pill (actually you only take 1/2pill) and could help you reset your clock. i know some peopleare anti rx drugs, but ifind it very effective for those once in a while nights. also, it is NOTaddictive. it is habit forming, which means you can get used to/like being able to fall asleep quickly. more Q's--pm me.

i'm adopted too! my brother, sisterand i wereall adopted (as wellas several other kidsin the neighborhood--before roe v wade). we didn't all come from the same bio mom/family.
    it's great that you could take kids into your heart.

my menu soln for tonight was to buy the rotisserie chkn at costco, plus we have carrots, rasp, grapes, applesauce, bananas and frozen veggies. i'llmake some rice for the kids, too.

now for tomorrow...
    a good website is familyfun.go.com ---the recipe section even has a month of menus with themes and recipes all included. i've tried a # of them.

and congrats on 38# lost! that is awesome!

alright, little bit of quiet before napover and have to get the girls. tonight's dog training so evening will be quick.
    and just maybe i'll empty the dishwasher. :laugh:
  • amypyr
    Options
    Everyone must be having a busy week! Well, I weighed in today, and I gained 0.2 lbs this past week. I just need to get back on a better schedule. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! :smile:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Checking-In...
    Had a bad day yesterday...ate so much coz I think I am one of those who uses food to comfort myself :grumble: So, when I weighed myself, I never loss any weight....:explode: :grumble: :grumble:

Amy - That's great! :) Not to sure how long more with my #2 wants to latch-on. But...I am kinda puzzled coz some people said that BFing is a great way to loose weight. But this theory does not apply to me.

adopt4 - Hi there and a warm welcome!:smile: Congrats on loosing 38 lbs!!!:drinker:

Stacey - Good luck! :)

Hope I will do better today!
  • ReaT
    ReaT Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, new here and looking for a group to join in. I'm a SAHM (and WAHM) to 2 boys, ages 7 and 4. I feel like I've been trying to lose weight forever, especially since I had the boys, but I'm just now really starting make an organized effort to do it. For a long time my challenge was trying to exercise with the boys around, but they are finally old enough now that if I can't go out for a walk before they get up and my husband leaves for work, I can still hop on the treadmill or do a DVD and they can occupy themselves while I do it and take a shower. So I've really gotten in the exercise routine over the last 2 months. Now I'm just trying to tackle the eating. I've been eating healthy for a long time....just too MUCH apparently. :grumble:

My challenge this week is to not snack too much. It's kind of a grey, rainy week that keeps us stuck indoors which shortens my temper and I turn to snacking to cope.

My solution is to find new and different activities that keep the boys occupied. We're going to a puppet show tomorrow, today I may break down and take them to the mall since they've been begging to go (it has a play area). Don't know about Friday yet,,,it may be nice enough by then to go to the park.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Hi, new here and looking for a group to join in. I'm a SAHM (and WAHM) to 2 boys, ages 7 and 4. I feel like I've been trying to lose weight forever, especially since I had the boys, but I'm just now really starting make an organized effort to do it. For a long time my challenge was trying to exercise with the boys around, but they are finally old enough now that if I can't go out for a walk before they get up and my husband leaves for work, I can still hop on the treadmill or do a DVD and they can occupy themselves while I do it and take a shower. So I've really gotten in the exercise routine over the last 2 months. Now I'm just trying to tackle the eating. I've been eating healthy for a long time....just too MUCH apparently. :grumble:

My challenge this week is to not snack too much. It's kind of a grey, rainy week that keeps us stuck indoors which shortens my temper and I turn to snacking to cope.

My solution is to find new and different activities that keep the boys occupied. We're going to a puppet show tomorrow, today I may break down and take them to the mall since they've been begging to go (it has a play area). Don't know about Friday yet,,,it may be nice enough by then to go to the park.

welcome! you so adeptly described the sahm/wahm challenges. :wink:
    this is a great group w/ a neat var of ppl who drop in.

i am sahm to girl (almost 9), girl (5) and boy (2.5). and we just got a puggle puppy.
    this am i am going toKILL them all!!!!
    not really :laugh:
    but not one of them can talk w/o screaming and listen to directions. rrrrrrr
    gotta finish getting them ready.
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies,

How are we all doing today? I've been laying low the last few weeks...I want to say thank you for all the thoughts and pryers with my health.. In less the 6 days I will have my surgery..I got approved for the health insurance I was needing. Praise God!! I'm scared of what they are going to find but staying positive...I have throwed the weight issues out the window for now..After my surgery and I heal I will get back on the wagon..

As for my son Josh he is doing really well..He can now be at home and have the neckbrace off and even sleep with it off...He's really learly about that one...He can not play football this season which is upseting to a lil 10 yr old when its his favorite sport..I explained to him why he cant play..We go back next month for more xrays but he is now allowed to ride his bike play outside as long as he wears his brace..This is going to be along recovery but we will make..

As far as the trampoline goes..It is dead...My bf took a sawsaw to it and cut it up into lil pieces..My childern are no longer allowed on any trampoline..Its not worth it..A $400 toy has now cost over $50,000 in bills and still are not done with all the bills..I agree with our nero surgeon instead of MADD (mothers against drunk driving) we should have MAT (mother against trampolines)..7 childern including mine was hurt badly in 1 day on a trampoline..

Will check in later have a good day all:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    dana, good luck with your surgery. glad the insur turned out in your favor. woo hoo!
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    Helloooooooo ladies!!! Sorry I've been a bit MIA! I've not checked in here, but I've also not fallen off the wagon. Just been very very busy. I'm still losing consistently! :drinker:

Dana: I'm soo sorry to hear about all that's been going on! (((hugs))) Best of luck with your surgery and I hope your son has a quick recovery. I do NOT like trampolines. In fact, my niece and nephew were on one a couple days ago(my parents have one at their house for them). I HATE when they get on it. I used to love them, but I actually hurt myself on one yeeeeeeeears ago. Of course, it was minor - but I haven't been back on one since. I'll be very hesitant to ever allow my son on one!

Hope everyone is well and as soon as things slow down here, I'll be back full force! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Helloooooooo ladies!!! Sorry I've been a bit MIA! I've not checked in here, but I've also not fallen off the wagon. Just been very very busy. I'm still losing consistently! :drinker:

Dana: I'm soo sorry to hear about all that's been going on! (((hugs))) Best of luck with your surgery and I hope your son has a quick recovery. I do NOT like trampolines. In fact, my niece and nephew were on one a couple days ago(my parents have one at their house for them). I HATE when they get on it. I used to love them, but I actually hurt myself on one yeeeeeeeears ago. Of course, it was minor - but I haven't been back on one since. I'll be very hesitant to ever allow my son on one!

Hope everyone is well and as soon as things slow down here, I'll be back full force! :flowerforyou:

that's awesome that you're still plugging along! keep up the GREAT work :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    anyone out there anymore??

this week has been good overall. i've gone over on cals on some days but i'm still sticking with my overall goals.

now for the weekend--to NOT gain wt. to stay at 1600cals max.
    and your plans for the weekend??

• ReaT
    ReaT Posts: 9
    Options
    My plans for the weekend...buy no junk food when grocery shopping! If I can avoid doing that it is easy to maintain my diet.

Plan #2 is to go for a walk if it ever stops raining, and then to help paint the house which has to count as SOME sort of exercise.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    My plans for the weekend...buy no junk food when grocery shopping! If I can avoid doing that it is easy to maintain my diet.

Plan #2 is to go for a walk if it ever stops raining, and then to help paint the house which has to count as SOME sort of exercise.

of course painting counts--but as you know, the food (as in NO junk food) is what really matters. you could do no exercise, but just eat right and drink your water and you will lose wt.
    good luck at the grocery store. so much great produce now--fill your cart with that. :happy:
  • amypyr
    Options
    Dana - I'm so glad to hear you're getting the help and the surgery you need. Good luck. I hope you recover quickly. I'm glad to hear your son is doing better. I don't like trampolines either. I've never been on one, but they still scare me. I've heard too many stories and known too many people who have gotten hurt on them.

My week was much better for eating and getting more of my water in (not up to the 8 glasses yet, but closer :smile: ). My exercise wasn't as good, but I think I've lost some this week anyway. Getting back into exercising is going to be my main goal for next week.

My plans for the weekend - we're taking the kids to a science museum. My son LOVES science. We're meeting my parents there too. My goal is to make healthy choices at the restaurant when they take us out to dinner. Then Sunday is the 1st night of Vacation Bible School at my church. The men's group provides supper each night of VBS, so I'm going to try to eat as healthy as possible the rest of the day. I'm thinking of even bringing my own turkey burgers/hot dogs those nights and having them grill them up for me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • staceyw37
    Options

I'm thinking of even bringing my own turkey burgers/hot dogs those nights and having them grill them up for me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

very smart idea! and why not bring your own salad or fresh veggies/fruit. try to drink a glass of water before you go as they may help you not to overeat.
    you sure have a full schedule. :happy:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i don't want to discuss my stress eating for tonight---but i did log it.

my stomach was already hurting (bad homemade meatloaf) and i didn't help it any.

on the + side, after logging my food i see i am DONE for today. and i am able to forgo the other food i was going to scarf.

and i drank lots of water (for me) and i did my leslie sansone dvd (5mi) this am. so while i am over, it's just a little.

my little girl graduated preschool today. it was so sweet. :heart:

will check in tomorrow--let's all stay on track!!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    here is the link to the thread this week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/56839-sahm-d-6-15-6-21