Heart Rate Minitor, which one to buy?

Options
Currently I am using Endomondo to figure out my calories. I really feel like I need something more accurate.

Which HRM is very accurate with a moderate price tag? Why do you prefer it over the others?

Thanks everyone for any input.

Replies

• LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 is my first and I love it. Going off fitness machines and calourie burn monitors that aren't linked directly to your heart gives an average and mine was way more than the machine was telling me. Spin bike would say 80 and HRM watch would say 120 cals. The chest strap is comfortable. I got one due to high blood pressure and wanting to keep an eye on things during fitness. I love using it for everything, exercising, bike riding, house cleaning, mowing. It's quite motivating to find out house cleaning can give me a good cal burn and is the only reason I enjoy. I can add it as fitness for the day! My husband has the FT80 and that does a lot more. Can check them out on the polar website.

cheers and you wont regret it, it's an investment in your health :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Use the search feature here & look for heart rate monitor or HRM - tons of topics with lots of info and opinions on this very question.
  • jmcgreggor
    jmcgreggor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Perfect. Thank you ladies!
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 from reading all the GREAT reviews about it on here, I'm waiting to get it right now! I purchased it online at bodytronics.com for $58.79 includes free shipping (saved 10% off sale price w/promo code POPO) - I did a lot of searching around and found that to be the absolute best price by far!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    They have great prices, bodytronics!!!