When did you start noticing a differece?

I just started getting serious about becoming more healthy. I gained 80lbs having 2 kids and after 4 years I'm finally ready and determined enough to get healthy :) I just started 3 weeks ago and already I can FEEL the difference! I work out and eat much healthier and I watch my calorie intake. So far I've lost 8lbs (according to my scale) to date. I don't expect to SEE the difference for a while, but I am just curious when did you start to see the difference after losing weight and when did others?

(I'm 5'7, starting weight 220lbs. My prepregnancy weight was 135.)

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    I probably started to see the difference around 10 pounds lost. I started this journey the week after Thanksgiving weighing 176 pounds. My goal weight is 150 and right now I'm about half way there at 163. In the past couple weeks I've really started to speed up my weight loss and notice my body is getting trimmer. I've gone down at least one pant size and those are now starting to get loose. I know it is party from the 13 pounds gone (that part I can see in my face thinning out a little) but I think the inches off my waist (2 so far), hips (1 1/2 so far) and thighs (an inch of each) that I have seen drop since I started measuring about 3 weeks ago is due to the Jillian Michael workouts. She really kicks butt and tones you up fast.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    I lost my first 23 lbs before I got pregnant with my son & after spending most of my 20's overweight & unhappy. People started to see it after about 8-10 lbs & when my clothes started fitting right due to buying the proper sizes & not wearing pants/shirts too big on me. When I lost 23 lbs, people REALLY started noticing & telling me how great I looked. It was a wonderful feeling & it made me so proud. It's really a driving force of motivation. Now that I've had my son, I've lost 11 lbs & I'm 12 away from being where I was before I got pregnant. I'm unable to devote tons of time to exercise but I do what I can when I can. I know my loss would speed up if I could strength train & run. Not too many people have noticed yet that I've lost much weight. But I do hear a lot "You don't look like you just had a baby five months ago." :bigsmile: Even my OBGYN said that! Sometimes people won't say what you want to hear (How much have you lost? or You've lost weight!) but they give compliments in other ways. But trust me, they notice. They notice you're glowing because you're eating right & you're happy. They notice you're more confident. They notice you making different choices than them at the restaurant. Keep at it, boatloads of compliments are right around the corner!
  • I don't start noticing until about the 20 lb mark. But I feel amazing!!!! I start feeling better after about a week of eating better and working out...
  • tlwinky
    tlwinky Posts: 20 Member
    I have only been at this for a month and have only lost four pounds, but I have noticed a HUGE difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I am down 2+ pant sizes and it has only been four weeks! I can hardly wait to see what the next month brings! I am also sleeping so much better and exercise is not such a chore anymore.

Hope after your first month you see similar changes....