Hi everyone!

Options
tabbydog
tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
I started using this site just over a week ago and have lost 2.5 pounds. It is an eye-opener to find out how many calories are actually in foods! Other than feeling hungry all the time, it seems to be working well. Why is it so easy to gain, and so hard to lose???? As a younger person I never had to worry about my weight. I always ate what I wanted. When I got into my late 30's and *gulp* now 40, it has just been packing on! I am inspired by everyone I see on this site who has been successful, so thanks for sharing!

Replies

• KristaMc
    KristaMc Posts: 5
    Options
    I know what you mean... I never watched my weight or what I ate. I'll be 30 in 2 mths and wow I have put on the pounds the last couple of years.
    Good luck to you
  • daywater
    daywater Posts: 20
    Options
    Same here...I'm 34 and am actually more active and healthy than I was @ age 29; however, I've developed a top belly roll! What in the bujeezus is that all about? Craziness...what aging does to the body. We just need to keep encouraging one another and know that ultimately anything we do daily to benefit our health is a good thing!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • churchlady
    churchlady Posts: 11
    Options
    I wanted to say hi and wish you good luck! I also wanted to let you know that what helped me to not feel hungry all of the time was that I ate whole wheat food and cut out all of the white flour and sugar. I couldn't believe that by doing that I did not crave food and was not hungry all of the time. Good Luck!