Protien/Fibre/Carbs??? OH MY!

Options
How do I know how much of each is a good amount to eat daily? Is it better to eat protien or fibre in the morning? If you see my food diary (gosh it's embarassing) I'm all over the place. I'm going to try to 'plan' meals etc in hopes that helps me stay within my guildines..so I thought knowing this amount might help...

Replies

• JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but from what I've heard its better to have protein in the morning to kick start the metabolism and start feeding your muscles. Both protein and fiber are very important. It's a huge balancing act and if you're serious about getting balanced you'll do a lot of research on the subject via google etc.

Protein - feeds muscles - thats why ppl usually do eggs in the morning (egg whites are best) There are other foods that you can eat that have protein as well, not all are meat product if you are vegetarian there are beans lentils etc..

Fiber - two kinds (soluable and insoluable) basically the right kinds of fiber helps you poop - you need this to clean you out

Sugar - (the devil ...lol.. your enemy) try not to take too much in - its almost impossible to avoid but try to take as little as possible and honestly the substitutes are bs imho they are poisonous and put all kinds of chemicals in your body. (I have a problem with sugar myself and am working on this too)

carbs - energy - it turns into sugar so be careful with these too but you still need them, so moderation

water - MOST IMPORTANT thing :) get your 8 glasses a day - it helps move all the above around in your body

You can stay with the MFP defaults or you can manually adjust. The totals are different for different people and based off of USDA and Food Plate guidelines. MFP defaults supposedly goes by USDA etc.

A bit long but I hope it helps.