another discouraging weigh in!

SIGH! Today was my weigh in day. In the past week, I have been under my calories every day, I have logged more than 800 minutes exercise and burned more than 3500 calories according to my hrm. So today I was expecting at least 1lb loss and hoping for at least 2lbs. What did I get, zippo, WTF! I won't quit now, but jeesh, how discouraging. :noway:

Replies

• happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Don;t worry i'm sure it will pick up.. i new to this aswell however i have found on past diets and have heard it mentioned on here sometimes that your body struggles after a while if you have lost a bit which you have, they suggest having a cheat day to kick back the metabilism..?? worth a go?

I could be wrong, see what other suggestions people have!

Good luck hun.x
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Did you do some measurement of any parts of your body? I'm not an expert on this things as i've only joined, but i've seen that people usually give advice to wait a few more weeks. If after a month nothing happens (no weight loss, no lost inches) then they usually suggest to raise the calories for a few days or zig-zag them through out the week.
    Try the 'search' function on the forum as there are many useful advices from people far more knowledgable than me :)
    You can make it! :)
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
  • lws78
    lws78 Posts: 3
    It's only been 1 week, albeit probably a hard one! Don't get discouraged. I've been doing this for 2 whole days now and I already want to quit :( BUT I won't! You shouldn't either ♥
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    I've been losing 1-2 pounds every 3 weeks. Despite this, I am seeing my body change. Make sure you also keep track of your measurements. Sometimes when the weight doesn't appear to be coming off your measurements can be your encouragement. Also- if your stuck on a plateau your body may need more food to reassure it that it's not starving!! When we change our diets it may come as a shock to our bodies. Try having a cheat day (2000 cals) or up your intake by 10% for a bit then ease back down. Reassure your body that it isn't starving and there will always be food for it! You can do this!!! Don't get too discouraged!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Are you eating back any of your exercise calories? Also how far under your calories are you each day? If you're a looooong way below and not eating back any exercise calories it's possible your body might be lowering its metabolism as it desperately tries to hold on to fat. NB there are lots of debates on here about whether or not to eat back exercise calories.

Maybe do what you're doing for another week or 2, weigh everything, log everything, and then if the scales still aren't shifting and your measurements aren't any different from when you began, try eating a bit more on a couple of days, or eating back half your exercise calories, and see if that works better for you.

NB2: I'm no expert but I need to eat more than 1200 calories a day!