No Soda Til Easter Club! :)

Options
Who wants to join my No Soda Til Easter Club? Unofficial club, just a group of people knowing they're all NOT drinking a single soda til Easter! :) Let me know if you're in and let's friend each other. :)

I quit soda from October - Christmas in 2011, and it was amazing! Felt so much better, helped with moderating calories. But then I got back into soda over Christmas, and it's just something I can't moderate at all... if I drink one, I talk myself into three, and it hurts my stomach, I feel the caffeine, etc... whether it's diet or not, it's not good for me!

So, looking for others who are into this - who wants to join me? :)

Replies

• streese50
    streese50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in. I quit in November (potential kidney issues) so I am in since the temptation is there every day!
  • cindalu78
    Options
    I'm in. I have done pretty good since starting MFP the beginning of the month and only had soda a few times, last night being one of them. I definately had that problem of not just one. Glad to know someone else will be taking the challenge with me.
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I actually gave it up New Years Day, I've had a few slips where I've had a sip or 2 but so far thats it.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'll join! It's all my parents have at their house when I come home on weekends and it's so tempting... Other than that, I've been good about only having a Sprite to ease nausea. But it would be nice to complete a goal like this ^^
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I just told my mother about this and the first words out of her mouth were "You'll never make it." Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mom -_-;
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yay, hi everyone! :) Yay, it's exciting to hear I'm not alone :)

Sounds like we're all kinda in the same boat, too - being pretty good but still tempted (and for me, drinking it sometimes :) - cool!

When I quit in the fall, some things that worked for me were:

-- Always have tasty non-soda drinks around
    -- Get lemonade/tea when others are having coke so I don't feel deprived
    -- Vow to donate $20 to my favorite charity for every soda I drink

Any other suggestions/ideas for limiting temptation? Hehe, maybe research on the bad health effects of Coke, or something like that?

We've got this!! :)
  • fatnomo100
    Options
    3 months soda free for me ! We can do this!!