protein daily limits

Options
I seem to go over this every day. Is that going to make a big difference in my weight loss? I can stay at or right under in everything else usually

Replies

• lasbutler
    Options
    I have that same problem and was wondering if that will hinder my weight loss.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Protien is probably the best macro to exceed, it is necessary to repair muscles, fills you up quicker & keeps you fuller longer. If your "goals" are pre set by mfp I would customise them to suit you better. But don't worry about exceeding as long as you are not exceeding your cals as a result of too much protien.

Russ
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Protein is good.. if you go over its no big deal. I think MFP has it set kinda low anyway, from what I read its 1g protein per pound. (ie you weigh 200lbs you should be getting 200g protein) I personally feel that is even high so I do body weight - 10 and use that as my protein goal (ie 200lbs-10 = 190g protein). Anyway, protein feeds muscles.. muscles eat fat.
  • cabarbe
    Options
    I typically go over as well...when I hit "complete" entry for day, I always pay attention to the "projected" results it displays, and Protein doesn't seem to "weigh" as heavy as when I go over Fat, Sugar, Carbs....I'll definitely be following this post too see what the vote is... Great question!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You're fine....your body needs more protein, especially if you're exercising often & hard!
    As you work your muscles, they begin to shift and tear...the protein helps to rebuild them.
    Sugar, dairy, and wheat can be a culprit. When I stopped eating those items..my body started dropping weight immediately!
    I eat oat or spelt products...I use/drink almond or soy milk/milk products....and I watch my sugar intake, because sugar actually raises your insulin levels, and when your liver cannot keep up with the insulin fluctuation..it turns to glucose..then gets stored as fat! Think of glucose as GLUE.
    Don't worry about the protein...that's the least of your worries.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Who told you that number is a limit? It's more of a minimum.