Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did!
    I had a chance to try it out in NYC when Shaun was here, but missed it....:grumble:
    grrrrrrrrrr
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Jen~

You know I have noticed that when I started with BIU last week, my right knee is starting to feel uncomfortable again. I think it's from the floor workout. I never had this problem before but, I did notice it when I did SI6 back then and now, I am doing BIU, it ticks me bec. I could feel it at random times of the day. It is not really painful, but something's wrong I know. So, I observed it while on rest this week and notice it going away.

Oh, have to decide, if I continue on with BIU, I might do some alterations with the moves. Ok ttys...

tere
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    what's BIU?
  • Tere07
    Options
    what's BIU?

It is another phase in the Slim In Six program.

Slim In 6 is a six weeks program to help you lose weight and tone at the same time. There are 3 phases into the program...Start It Up (SIU), Ramp It Up (RIU), and Burn It Up (BIU) and there are also other wo DVD in it as well like the Slim In Limber and Six Pack Abs which you use a couple of time a week. The program incorporates cardio, strength training and abs as well as light stretch in the end all in 1 work out.

This is what the calendar would look like:

SIU- use for about 2 days, others do it for 1 week. Or when you feel you mastered the moves and ready to move up to the next which is RIU.
    RIU- use for the next 2 weeks then move on to:
    BIU- The last 4 weeks.

You work out 6 days a week for 6 weeks. The program works, and eating is a key here as well.

Tere
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    what's BIU?
    Ghanie - BIU=Burn it up! the last phase in Slim in 6: starti it up, ramp it up, and burn it up!
    :blushing:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi Jen~

You know I have noticed that when I started with BIU last week, my right knee is starting to feel uncomfortable again. I think it's from the floor workout. I never had this problem before but, I did notice it when I did SI6 back then and now, I am doing BIU, it ticks me bec. I could feel it at random times of the day. It is not really painful, but something's wrong I know. So, I observed it while on rest this week and notice it going away.

Oh, have to decide, if I continue on with BIU, I might do some alterations with the moves. Ok ttys...

tere
    Tere - make sure your form is good. Get a cheap mirror to observe.
    you also can replace lunges with step ups if it continues.

I occasionally get some clicking in my knee - I wear the support I bought in RiteAid.
    More for peace of mind than for real help, but you know what? Better safe than sorry!!! :wink:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    what's BIU?
    Ghanie - BIU=Burn it up! the last phase in Slim in 6: starti it up, ramp it up, and burn it up!

OK - Tere beat me to it! :love:
  • lovinlife581
    lovinlife581 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    what's BIU?
    Thanks, I was wondering the same thing!
  • lovinlife581
    Options
    Hi, Rachel!

You are a week ahead of me!

I miss BB threads, but I will keep coming here after BB is back in business!

I get different ideas from the mix of people and exercises on MFP!

I need to do shoulders and back today(?)
    I can't put a pull up bar anywhere in my darn Victorian house...Grrrr...
    So I am doing bands.
    I will do pullups eventually.

Working from home today - so nice to sleep in a bit!!!
    Yesterday I did Plyo and really gave it hell.
    So good to recover and get the zzz!!!!

I will work out a bit later.

KPP!

I love victorian houses - so much character!

I work out in my basement and as it is unfinished, I didn't have any doorframes to work with down there. I supposed I could just do those workouts that required pullups upstairs, but didn't want to. So I got a joint mounted pullup bar on eBay. I like it! Will like it even more when I can do a friggin pullup!!! But bands should work fine for you as long as you "pick a weight (band) that does the job!"

Bring it, baby!
  • lovinlife581
    Options
    Welcome Rachel! I'm in my 2nd week. BB will be up and running tomorrow! WOO HOO!!! Today is Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper. Can't wait, love working those Glamour Muscles. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome! I love working the glamour mahhhscles, too, and talking like Ahhhrnold and flexing my mahhhscles! :bigsmile:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    (pst- I am seeing obliques!!! )
    (shhhh - the fat around belly button is still there, but hey, maybe maybe this time)
    who knows, right?
    I am encouraged!!!!
    P
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BRING IT!!!
  • Tere07
    Options
    Jen~ Gotta share this with you...I went to a garage sale last weekend and me n dh saw this type of wo machine and it is like a pull up bar and you can hang on it and pull up your lower body. I can't wait to use it this summer...we will be converting our 3 car garage and use the 1 area as an office/wo area.

Oh, it was only $30 not bad huh?:happy:

Tere
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Jen~ Gotta share this with you...I went to a garage sale last weekend and me n dh saw this type of wo machine and it is like a pull up bar and you can hang on it and pull up your lower body. I can't wait to use it this summer...we will be converting our 3 car garage and use the 1 area as an office/wo area.

Oh, it was only $30 not bad huh?:happy:

Tere

I think I know which one you meant.
    Nice score for $30!

I am thinking I should get one of those, even though I hate bulky equipment!!!

That is another reason why Beachbody programs are so great too :drinker: - need nothing more then weights!!! :love:

I don't have basement anymore - we've got tenants now...
    it was not a nice space b4 anyway.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    what's BIU?
    Thanks, I was wondering the same thing!

Well I definitely know Slim in 6 ... just never seen anyone abbreviate any of the videos, hehe.

Day 60 photos for P90X over here tomorrow, woot!
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    accountability : 06/10 Shoulders & Arms and Ab ripper! woo hoo! Way to go Jenny on seeing those obliques!:happy:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Another 30 min and I WO.
    I feel so stiff from sitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms and Ab ripper - here I come!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    WO done!

Either I am getting stronger or wo in the evening is easier!
    Yoga X tomorrow!

G'night!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    GM!

I feel great after yesterday's workout.

Went to work earlier to get out earlier to do Yoga X.

At this stage of X I think working out in the evening is better for me!!!