New Gal. Advice please/P90X

Options
Hey everyone. I am new to this site and been doing a 500 cal a day weight loss programme in London called "Lighter Life" (am not sure if it is used anywhere else?) Anyway, just wanted to check if anyone has done the P90X training programme as I have lst 17 pounds and want to use exercise to get my last 14lbs or so off. I am currently 144llbs, 5'4 and 35 yrs old :-(. I was 120lbs before but am quite athletic and shouldn't really go below 126.
Just looking for some advice. Cheers!
Kerry

Replies

• Jenn807
    Options
    Hello :) - I have not personally done the P90X but my best friend did it and had amazing results!!! She said it wsa tough, but she wsa dedicated and looks amazing, she went from a size 16 to a 10 so far. :) Good luck to you, hope it makes those last pounds fall off!!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have finished two rounds & am part way through my first round of P90X2, MODIFY. What you can't do now modify, don't beat yourself up & accept IT IS TOUGH. Make sure to eat enough protien, get enough sleep & water & Bring it lol.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My mother did Lighter Life for her wedding and lost 3 stone. Then in the week (well, 6 days) she was away she put on a stone and had to buy new clothes because the ones she brought didn't fit. She stopped the diet the day before we left I think, she didn't seem to eat huge amounts of food while we were there either unless she was hiding some in her room. Since then she's put on the other 2 stone plus an additional one.

She is truly miserable on that diet but she's planning on doing it for the 4th time because "it works". If it works so well then why is she doing it a 4th time? I wish you tons and tons of good luck for when you come off this, I really hope you do better than my mum has at keeping the weight off. :ohwell:
  • jlira01
    jlira01 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I"m finishing up round 1 of P90X and have seen great results. Lost about 18lbs, dropped from a 34" pant size to 30" and have seen a difference in my body and athletic ability. Starting P90x 2 in two weeks. Needless to say, I'd recommend the program! Add me if you'd like.