Breakfast ideas??

Options
Hey everyone, looking for some new breakfast ideas that I can premake to take to work? I generally have either cereal, or take oatmeal and berries to work on days where I work out in the mornings. I'm looking for filling and simple recipes that will keep me full for a few hours!

Thanks!

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    a lady at work brings egg muffins - she got the recipe from pinterest LOL in a muffin tin put in eggs whisked with a bit of milk, then add sgredded cheese, turkey sausage, broccoli... whatever you like... and bake them :) she brings one to work and zaps it for a few seconds. they look and smell delicious!

I eat before work, or I'd totally do that!
  • SunShineMom2402
    Options
    my aunt has done those egg muffin things too. she made hers with egg beaters, they come in yummy flavors and have low calories...

have you tried greek yogurt? i find it yummy and pretty filling :) have that and some kind of fruit it might make a nice breakfast for you :)
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani yogurt with a serving of go lean crunch. You can buy the little 6.oz cups of yogurt and then portion out 1/2 C. of go lean, into a baggie and mix it in when your ready. I drink 16 oz. coffee or tea with it too and I'm full for hours.

Sometimes I make a smoothie. Unless I have a peice of toast with it, I'm hungry too quick.

I also use to do oatmeal and fruit/nuts but I found that I was actually hungrier quicker.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas...unfortunately yogurt is something I've never liked...I try to eat it but have a couple of spoonfuls and I can't eat anymore.

Definitely going to try the egg muffins!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My motto is "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar." That's the best for your metabolism--to have your biggest meal at the beginning of the day.

I have:

1/2 cup steel-cut, rolled oats, cooked in hot water, and then I add to it:
    1 tbsp millet
    1 tbsp flaxseed
    A handful of berries (usually blue or black)
    1 tsp cinnamon

I ALSO have: 4 scrambled egg whites (I often just use the liquid kind so I don't waste yolks).

This breakfast keeps me full, energized, and healthy... oh, and very regular!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Instead of pancakes try egg whites with chocolate protein powder with crunchy peanut butter on top! Best breakfast ever and I don't even like pancakes.

Pre-made suggestions from pancakelovers:
    "Leftover Pancakes and Reheating

Freeze leftover pancakes in airtight plastic bags.

Reheat pancakes in a toaster, toaster oven or regular oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. If using the oven, first place the pancakes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.

Reheating pancakes in a microwave is not recommended, as it tends to toughen pancakes.""
    http://pancakelovers.com/tips-tricks/
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just my own, personal opinion--the egg muffins sound very high in fat. I've always felt that it's best to start your day with little to no fat.

BUT different people find that different things work--if you're getting healthy on egg muffins, egg on, sister! :)
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Awesome thanks guys!
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie! Less than 2 min to whip up, dump in a cup, rinse blender, and you're on the road! I have recipes on my blog.
    http://freshfitnfabulous.blogspot.com/
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also eat Choboni yogourt with Kashi granola cereal and chopped up strawberries or rasberries... .. Very filling and high in Protein

230 calories for

1/2 cup of yogourt
    1/2 cup of kashi cereal
    5 strawberries

21 g of protein
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A protien shake mixed with skim or 1% milk, keeps me full for a long time.
  • kjeane76
    kjeane76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1/2 egg whites with either turkey sausage crumbles or spinach or both. =)
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I bring hard boiled eggs to work or oatmeal, and keep wheat bagels, and reduced fat cream cheese at work. Breakfast is my favorite meal :smile:
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    I love the ( chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder) mixed with cup of unsweetened almond milk mix in blender with ice chips...keeps me full for hours..170 calories
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    I typically either eat an egg, fruit and toast or oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. Sometimes I make a mock egg mcmuffin by toasting an english muffin, frying an egg and heating up some turkey. I am starting to think I have a dairy allergy but I love yogurt so I'm going to try coconut milk yogurt today.