Hard to get started

Options
\I want to be free of this heaviness and look so much better, I even feel guilty for my husband, so why can't I get started?

Replies

• ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the hardest part! Just take that first step and the rest will get easier!
  • kimloney
    Options
    im finding it very hard to get started. i want to exercise and lose weight however i cant seem to make time to eat healthier and get to the gym. im a full time college student and a single mom. i lack motivation...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I started by making a plan for the day of what I would eat and then resolved to stick to the plan no matter what.......it took me many days of that before I started paying attention to calories and nutrients ... just take one small step today.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: to get started on exercise, get out of your chair right now and do some squats or jumping jacks or go outside for a ten minute walk
    just do something.....tomorrow you can do the same thing again or just a little more.:bigsmile:
  • amsdenm
    Options
    I am just starting today and it is hard
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    that's right my friend the hardest thing is to start , and am happy that you started hope that you go good with your diet am going to start mine on monday if you want we can start together and help each other :happy:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You havent hit bottem yet?
    Step on a Wii balance board and find out how old it thinks you are!
    Thats what got me started.

Last may it said 65!
    Yesterday it said 26!
    I'm 37!
  • kimloney
    Options
    i would love to start together!
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    I had a hard time getting started to. Than one of my friends reached her goal wieght and looks fabulous and here I was wishing I looked the same. I decided to get off my butt cause the fat wasn't coming off by itself. I now hav about 12lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. I am so proud of myself. Trust me just take that first step you will never regret it.
  • avalou11
    Options
    I just started MFP 3 days ago and I'll be the first to say adjusting is hard. But as we all know it is worth it. I admit, I am still not eating the best but with this site and the people on here having my back, I am eating much better. I weighed in tonight not expecting anything but I am already down 5lbs. Seeing that only makes me want to try harder. You just have to keep taking those first steps and don't look back. You'll get there and we will all be there with you! :smile:
  • petewilson69
    Options
    Getting started was easy for me. Keeping it up and motivation I think is my problem.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the hardest...but you've come to the right place! :flowerforyou:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me in getting started was making the grocery store run to get the right foods in the house. Once I did that, it wasn't so bad. It helps me to fill out the food diary before I eat the food so I can see what the damage is. I am losing slowly but I am not torturing myself either. I always save enough calories to have some chocolate or ice cream (half fat) every day. To be honest, I have dieted on and off most of my life and this is the first time I actually know what I am doing. Once you get into the swing of it things won't be that bad;. Good Luck
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Take that first step, whatever it is. I've got to get back in the pool, been 'open" to since Tuesday and haven't done it just yet. But once I get back in the pool I'll remember how freeing the pool is and it'll be easier to go back the next day and the next, back to my 6 of 7 days a week in the pool.

But that first getting to the pool... that's taking a lot.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    By joining up to the site, and saying to yourself you want to make a change. You've achieved the first few steps. Just keep at it as best you can :-)
  • sarahh992
    Options
    i understand how hard it is to get started, after everything, i tried so many different diets, plans, life style changes, and when i first started MyFitnessPal, it really and truly was the first program where i started seeing results, the first few days are hard, but after a while seeing your tracker go down, feeling better on the inside, your current clothes becoming a little baggy, makes it all worth that REALLY HARD STAGE, i dont know how many times i have experienced it, and given up, but believe me it is worth it, i guess its not the easiest thing to do, but it is one of the best things i have done in my whole life, do it for yourself, believe in all you can be, and eventually it will become easier... nothing is impossible! GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
  • Kristinadanz
    Kristinadanz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work! I just joined, but am also having a hard time getting started. I don't even want to get on the scales. Im sure if I did....that would be modivation enough. :happy: