just started and need some motivators!

Options
im currently 200lbs and wanting to lose 50-60lbs...anyone else in the same boat?? i have never dieted/calorie count so its def hard for me! also just became a mother a month ago :)

Replies

• danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! I weighed around 205 when I began using the site a little over a year ago after I had my son. I lost about fifty pounds, and then I began going to school so I fell out of my exercise routines. I gained almost twenty pounds back, and I am looking to lose that back and maybe even some more. So I have been where you are and know where you can go! You can do this!
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    tiffanyneedstolose Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thank you! i have no idea were to start with everything and it sucks cause i have to go back to work in a week
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    congratulation for the new baby i hope that you have a great life with him , don't worry about your weight you lose it and fast just believe in your self and say am going to do it :D and if you want i can be your support and you can be mine you will have alot of friends here the people is very nice here :flowerforyou:
  • Aimysmith
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby. Losing weight is so hard to do. I really like this site. It is nice to know that we are not alone. It makes it easier to get up every day and work towards a goal and commit to it knowing we are not alone. I don't know about you but I have a hard time sticking to goals, I know that I want to lose weight and look like I used to but I just don't have the same motivation like I had twenty years ago. I think that this site gives some support for all of us. Gaining friends is just an added bonus. Good luck loosing weight and with the new baby. I hope this is a little encouragement for you like it was for me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    im currently 200lbs and wanting to lose 50-60lbs...anyone else in the same boat?? i have never dieted/calorie count so its def hard for me! also just became a mother a month ago :)

First things first be sure to use another website to calculate your calories.
    MFP will give you 1200 and you will fall on your face!

Google Fat to Fit Radio tools.
    Do the body fat calculator then BMR tool.
    The BMR tool will tell you EXACTLY what calories to eat depending on how often you workout.
    Chances are youll be eating 1600 cals +.
    Then set MFP to custom and adjust protein to 30% and carbs to 40%.

Youll lose inches!!!!

PM me if you need any help and please add me to tap into the friends list full of Jedi's!
  • traceyx69
    Options
    Hi Tiffany

Welcome to Myfitnesspal. We are all here to help each other, support and Motivate.
    Im in the same boat as you hun only i dont have a bundle of Joy to show for it.
    Ive dropped my calorie intake to a very low 600cal a day and min 8pints of water. Im doing it with guidence of a proffesional with my GP/MD approval. Its bloody hard but i have lost 15lbs since 5th Jan.
    I would NOT recommend this for you as your body has recently gone through traumatic/ But natural time of having a baby. You need to heal before you drop your Calorie intake espically if your Breast feeding. I would say reduce your intake slightly, Maybe just cut out snacks, soda, sweets. Slowly reduce your carbs.

Oh and dont get addicted to looking at the scales, Only weigh yourself every two weeks if you want to. I recommend Measuring your Bust, waist, Thighs, Arms.

Anyway Goodluck
    Tracey