The same weight from different perspectives

Options
I remember a while back when I hit 200lbs I was devastated. I kept moping and feeling sorry for myself but kept going: heavier and heavier and heavier.

After deciding that enough is enough...I decided to make some changes and now, I'm finally losing some weight and getting back down and funny enough, the 200lbs that had me so depressed, now has me extatic and jumping for joy...It means I'm on the way down.

Isn't it funny how the same number seen from 2 different places can cause such different emotions?

Replies

• Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school I was horrified that I was 160 pounds! When I reached that in the other direction (and it took 50 pounds and 7 months!) I jumped for joy. I was so happy, haha.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    That is so true!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    A few years back I was stuck at 130 lbs, and I was saying "I'm so NOT going to be 140 lbs!" The thought of reaching 150 lbs seemed outrageous and impossible...not to mention horrifying. Well...I would love to be 130, even 140 again (I am currently 150). XD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!