Green Tea. Does it do what people say?

Options
I am drinking 3 mugs of green tea a day. And losing weight quiet well. Have others had the same effect?

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do incorporate that into my diet. I have a cup every morning since I don't like coffee.
  • racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i try to drink green tea when i can i feel better for it but i drank it before i stared dieting if its working for you why not. i read another post about this the other day so i think i might start drinking more lol but i do love coffee thou i have cut down to about 3 cups a day x
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking a couple cups of it in the afternoons and I have noticed a huge boost in my energy. I feel like an energizer bunny at times. I can clean the whole house in two house flat. Lol. Believe me with two small kids homeschooling I'll take all the extra energy I can get.

I would imagine more energy would equal more calories being burned.
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Is the green tea that comes in the gallon the same? I usually get the diet kind.
  • racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lol jaded082 think i defo need to drink more and more energy defo = more cals burned xx
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do drink a cup a day but going to make that 3 cups /day and see if that helps .tfs
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea and Yerba Mate Tea. I have 2-3 cups a day. I usually drink it plain, but occasionally add Stevia if I want a little sweetness.
  • petewilson69
    Options
    I drink green tea in the morning one at dinner and one in the evening. It tastes awful but it seems to work.
  • petewilson69
    Options
    I agree with you about the every boost. It does seem to do that. I have read that it increases a persons metabolism by 17% which would increase calorie loss and benefiting from a detox too.
  • AmyO63
    AmyO63 Posts: 2
    Options
    I drink a large mug of green tea every day in the late afternoon. Started drinking it for the warmth and because I like it, but have noticed that it curbs my appetite! Helps me get through til dinner time a lot easier! I highly recommend!!
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    I swear by green tea! It suppresses my appetite without a doubt...can't say for sure whether it boosts my weight loss as I don't know what I would have lost not drinking it but I'm pretty sure it helps melt the fat away! Cider vinegar is another I use for melting fat. I never seemed to lose it off my love handles until I started have a couple of tablespoons of that a day in lots of water.

Currently I have blueberry flavoured green tea. Yum!
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is the green tea that comes in the gallon the same? I usually get the diet kind.
    no....it's not...just buy some tea bags and brew your own
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea. I usually brew some when I'm getting cravings. Seems to calm those cravings.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Where do you find blueberry flavored green tea?
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My experience with green tea has been positive. I brew my own from tea bags, not bottled....I drink between 1 and 5 cups a day. Today, in fact, I had a green tea in place of my morning coffee. It helps me energy wise and when I am wanting to snack or craving sugar/sweet, I have a cup of tea first and see if that doesn't settle the craving.

Oh, and to the poster who says green tea tastes awful, I think plain green tea is a bit strong and can be bitter. I prefer the kind softened with a floral note of some kind-my two faves are jasmine and lemongrass. Just a thought-softens the bitterness quite a bit.

The only thing I add to it is Stevia.

I say drink up. :drinker:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I drink it but I don't credit it for any fat loss. I just don't see how it's going to help you lose fat if you aren't in a calorie deficit. I drink it for it's antioxidants.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Most will say that it's all in your head and doesn't work, but it absolutely does for me. I drink a cup about 20 minutes before every meal and the pounds seem to fall off of me.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I mix powder green tea in my smoothie for breakfast and then have hot tea in the afternoon or evening
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There was just a topic on this recently: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413397-anyone-find-green-tea-help-with-weight-loss

(Search is your friend.)

Cheers!