Another little NSV. :) Pic included

Options
I've gotten into the habit of measuring more frequently than I weigh myself (it's less depressing that way). This morning, the tape measure told me 27" on the waist (huzzah!), so I decided to try on a dress that's been living in my closet for the last couple of years. I had tried it on in the past, but the last time I was able to zip it all the way up was when I wore it in my friend's wedding in '09--after that, the zipper would make it past my waist, then get stuck at the upper part of my ribs. I figured it was a lost cause, and was planning to donate it.

I wasn't expecting it to fit properly today, either, but I put it on and ziiiiip--all the way to the top, and I didn't even have to yank at it. Man, that was an awesome feeling! And the last time that happened, I was 20 lbs. lighter than I am now, which is also a great feeling. :) Obviously, I need to pin the front if I decide to wear it in public, as it's a tad risque right now, lol. It's also a little tight around the waist, but the biggest victory is that it even fit at all!

6776402685_370c66fbe1.jpg

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    That's so great! I have a few dresses in my closet that I hope to zip up this spring :) good job!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great feeling :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

I also have clothes in my wardrobe that I was contemplating donating but hubby talked me out of it and told me to donate the clothes in a bigger size instead (he did also suggest I wait until I no longer need them, I'm curious as to what he thought I would wear until I fit into my smaller clothes).

You look great, keep up the good work.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Aw I'm so happy for you!! Great work girl! That dress is so pretty too, glad you didn't get rid of it!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Thanks, all. :) I wasn't expecting to lose inches that quickly, so I'm curious to see where I'll end up when I get to my goal weight. I can't wait to see what other old clothes still fit!
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Look at the little waist!!! I just want to bite it and enter it in to my food log!!! (in a really non-creepy way)

Great job!
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    looks great and boobs look fantastic in it .... you go girl !!!
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling!!

And SUPER CUTE dress!! :)

Congrats!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    awesome job! Pat yourself on the back.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Look at the little waist!!! I just want to bite it and enter it in to my food log!!! (in a really non-creepy way)

Great job!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great NSV!
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    That's great ...Good for you ..:) My clothes fitting me again always feels better than pounds lost on a scale ... Its two wins in one ..you know your losing fat and you get a better wardrobe ...
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    The dress looks beautiful on you. You look fantastic as well, congratulations on the success ~
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    You look amazing in the dress as pictured. WAY TO GO!
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Such an amazing victory!!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! Congrats on all your hard work!! You're looking great!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome!!! Congrats!!! Little things like that make you want to push harder!!!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options

Great job!

Haha, this is awesome. :)
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    I love the dress and you are looking great!! Can't wait until I fit into my own clothes again!!
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Its adorable!! I would totally wear it If I had your body!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!