Hi all, im a newbie!!!

Options
Hi to u all,

Im new to my fitness pal as of yesterday, it was reccommended to me by a friend who knows ive been dieting and calorie counting, at first i was just writing down in a diary what i ate but how much easier is it on here!!!! its effortless, lol,

Ive been on loads of fad diets, tried everything even tried starving myself once, "i know im stupid" but i was desperate, anyway in the long run it didnt work and i gained the stone back that id lost and then some! i think the only reason i didnt think of just eating healthily is that i thought it would take too long to see any effects i was basically just looking for the quick fix, but i dont think there is one! anyway im sooooo over all this now and i have changed my ways for the better :)

well i started my healthy eating plan (not diet) on january the 10th, im eating 4 healthy meals a day plus snacks and it seems to be working, im full all day long and so far iv lost 17lb :)

I had a very proud moment today which i just have to share as it was such a big deal to me, i went to view a house and the agent was asking me how many children i have got and how old are they i replied "i have 5 they're 7 6 3 2 and 6 months old" his reply was "how did you manage to keep your figure with that many?" now this was a huge thing for me because i hate my stomach, thats where all my calories go!!! anyway the boost it gave me was emmence and i feel great!

anyway enough from me, i just wanted to introduce myself, feel free to add me.

thanks for reading, hope it wasnt too boring haha

Karen :ox

Replies

• Ronbry
    Ronbry Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey! I am a newbie too. I installed the iPhone app last year! and just logged in last night!
    I am glad you to the initiative and got going with your plan. You seem to have a good goal in sight. My problem is I know HOW to eat healthy it's just I am living with my parents right now and they have the worst diet! LOL So my main goal is to make sure I don't falter and try to use whatever I have to make things work.

And I give you credit for just being a mom! I hear it's the hardest job in the world...<3
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined earlier on this month. Like Ronbry said, it must be harder to balance it all being a mom. Loads of respect to za! =) Add me if you want the extra support. Both of you!