From 413-278

Options

Replies

• Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the weekend crowd in case anyone may get motivation or inspiration by my story :)
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! way to go!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great story with fantastic results. You look awesome man.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    [...]
    On April 26th I was a 413 lb smoker who bit his finger nails. On April 27th I no longer smoked, I no longer bit my finger nails and I no longer let tempation control my life.

In the words of Eddie Vedder, I Am Mine.

I am curious about whether the nicotine urges propelled your walks any, at least in those awful early quitting stages. Did the walks help you with withdrawal?
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Stinking. Amazing. Your story has already inspired many others, and it definitely inspired me!!! Way to go!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW...that is amazing! I can't wait to see your success pictures. Such an inspiration.
  • Andeenero
    Andeenero Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! You rock!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Great work, very inspirational!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great job, we are almost at the same numbers..i started at 420 CW is 358 goal is 280. What an inspiration, thanks for the post.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!! Congrats :)
  • myopus
    Options
    WOW...that is amazing! I can't wait to see your success pictures. Such an inspiration.

Hey sc, scroll down to the bottom of page 1 and you'll see the pics there! :)
  • Shannibal
    Options
    Surprisingly, the cravings did not really exist too much. I think the walks did help tremendously. I think 50% of the addicition is just doing something, and the other 50% is the nicotine. I think another way to curb the cravings was holding myself accountable and being 100% brutally honest about my health.
    [...]
    On April 26th I was a 413 lb smoker who bit his finger nails. On April 27th I no longer smoked, I no longer bit my finger nails and I no longer let tempation control my life.

In the words of Eddie Vedder, I Am Mine.

I am curious about whether the nicotine urges propelled your walks any, at least in those awful early quitting stages. Did the walks help you with withdrawal?
  • Marig2277
    Options
    Looking good. :)
  • Shannibal
    Options
    I love the fact that your very first post was to tell me I was looking good! hahaha :) Thank you
    Looking good. :)
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    It has been said that the ability of the athlete is more mental than physical. To make the changes you did overnight in April proves great mental ability. You've got this going your way. Keep it up.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your incredible journey. You are an inspiration for those of us who want to take control of our lives. Good luck to you!!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing and did a fabulous job! :drinker:

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannibal
    Options
    All of these kind words are so motivational to me. All of you are an inspiration!
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Buddy,

Just wanted to drop a note and say thank you! You are pretty much exactly where I'm coming from. I'm starting out at 363.8, a smoker, drinking a 12 pack of diet pepsi per day.

I'm 3 weeks in, 28 lbs down, stopped smoking, stopped drinking soda. I hope to get down to 263 by the end of the year, and eventually 220.

Every time I get down, I'm going to look at your pictures to let me know its doable.

Cheers man!
  • myopus
    Options
    Hey Buddy,

Just wanted to drop a note and say thank you! You are pretty much exactly where I'm coming from. I'm starting out at 363.8, a smoker, drinking a 12 pack of diet pepsi per day.

I'm 3 weeks in, 28 lbs down, stopped smoking, stopped drinking soda. I hope to get down to 263 by the end of the year, and eventually 220.

Every time I get down, I'm going to look at your pictures to let me know its doable.

Cheers man!

Wow. This is awesome. Hollywood couldn't write this. Inspiration is like electricity; it just flows through the people you touch in some way but lives in both directions. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!