Green Tea. Does it do what people say?

Options

Replies

• heidi2004
    heidi2004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've heard alot of great this about green tea. I cut back on my coffe and replaced it with green tea.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    it boosts my engery level big time...thanks for the info I normally have a cup of boiled hot tea at night BUT NOW I WILL HAVE MORE:)
  • qtpiesmum
    Options
    I am about to start having a cup daily - will think positive thanks for the tips. :flowerforyou:
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I have been considering buying green tea, and I am definitly going to try it now!
  • petewilson69
    Options
    I'm the guilty one stating about the awful taste. However I may try adding lemon slices to it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea in the morning one at dinner and one in the evening. It tastes awful but it seems to work.

Try green tea with added flavours, like blueberry or mango or lemon or ginger. It makes it taste much nicer :)) Or just add a squeeze or fresh lemon to it, which is supposed to increase the digestive qualities too.

I only drink 1 cup after exercise, and I definitely feel revved for longer. I just can't drink it too late in the day as its caffeine keeps me awake.

Great that you're losing weight, for whatever reason. Green tea has lots of healthy benefits, of that there is no doubt.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink the Yogi brand green teas, Blueberry Slim Life and Pomegranate are my favorite. I only have a couple cups a day. My husband is going to begin taking green tea extract for the health benefits maybe I'll try that as well since it's in the house.
  • petewilson69
    Options
    I have noticed that green tea tastes better with hot water at about 80 degrees c and not boiling. It's less bitter that way.
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes I love the flavored greeen tea bags. I currently have green tea in lemon flavor and pomigranite. I usually put 1/4-1/2 tsp of honey in with it., Yum! I think I will go make some right now, it's chilly right now in Big D. ;-)
  • crystalgoede
    Options
    I agree I love green tea for the effects not the taste. I feel like I have been losing more since I added green tea to my diet. At least 2 cups a day. Plain on the hot!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Actually, all types of tea have the same properties as green tea, the only difference is the caffeine content, with white and green tea being "weakest" and red and black teas being the "strongest" but still being much less than a cup of coffee. They all come from the same plant. A lot of people, at least that I've noticed, who are trying to lose weight prefer green tea because it is not strong and is most often the type of tea that comes in flavors.

Personally I like drinking my tea at night (the pot I have makes about three 8oz cups) as a palate cleanser and a way to relax. It is a good way to supplement, but you can't rely on the tea solely to lose weight.
  • fitfoodietrainer
    fitfoodietrainer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Green tea or any supplement intended to increase metabolism only works if your diet is clean & on track. Otherwise, don't bother.
    As for drinking the kind "in the bottle", especially "diet tea" - the artificial sweetener it contains basically cancels out any positive effects of drinking green tea - your body does NOT KNOW how how to process those chemicals and WILL store them in your fat cells as toxins. Not to mention there are numerous reports that artificial sweeteners may be toxic to brain function as well.
    Eat clean, small meals throughout the day, eat enough to keep your metabolism burning, and if you like green tea, great - drink it. But adding tea or any supplement will make no difference if you're not eating well and exercising!

Just two cents from a pro. FYI the only "supplements" I take are healthy fats like fish oil and evening primrose oil and green tea.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You know, I drank nothing but green tea for a while. And I was losing weight (not working out) and somehow missed the massive head cold that swept through the office at work. I like to believe it was the green tea. But I can't say for sure.
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    I drink tea drop green tea with honeydew melon... so yummy, im not sure if it helps with weight loss, ive been told it does, lets do a green tea week and see how we go !!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I don't know if it does but I drink 2-3 a day and I've lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks. So maybe it has something to do with it?!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i was losing weight on it...but i only have one green tea and lemon tea bag left..yeah i think it helps..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am drinking 3 mugs of green tea a day. And losing weight quiet well. Have others had the same effect?

Nicely done. You lost weight due to calorie deficit, not due to green tea. But it's a wonderful thing to drink. Lots of antioxidants and tastes great. Cheers :drinker:
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I really do not like tea. I really wish I could stand the taste!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea in the morning one at dinner and one in the evening. It tastes awful but it seems to work.

I drink it most mornings with a slenda, but I also take standardized green tea extract 500 mg from Puritan Pride. Maybe you should give it a chance if you don't like the taste of the actual tea
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Jasmine green tea is my favorite. There is one brand that is very mild.