Hi everyone

Options
Hi all, I am new to this as of today. I got introduced to this from a friend of mine at work. I need to lose at least 10 pounds, easily. The sad part is , I have never needed to lose weight before. I have always been in really good shape, and never had to work at it. I have always had muscle tone, and not heavy at all. I am now 38 and have a 10 year old daughter. Over the past few years I have somehow let myself go. I'm losing some muscle tone with age, and gaining weight now as well. I don't eat alot though, so that is why I get frustrated. But I know sometimes if you don't eat that keeps your metabolism at bay, and the older we get our metabolism slows down. I hate the way I look in the mirror it disgusts me. Also I'm getting a little cellulite on my thighs, because I'm losing muscle. I am starting to work out a little 2 times a week. I am always moving though, I am a waitress. My daughter and I play kinect sports regularly as well. I bought an exercise bike because we were riding outside in the summer, and I want to continue to ride. Well I'd appreciat any advice or tips.
Patty

Replies

• emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    hi there!!...glad youve joined because this is such a great site...im about 6 days in..add lots as they give you such positive feedback....:smile:
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard !! Lots of good people and support. :flowerforyou:
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Totally, I have been here about 6 days too I think. And lots of great people who are really positive and motivational. The forums are really great too and full of excellent advice.

Welcome and I am sure you will do great. =)
  • MiracleMiles
    MiracleMiles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty, I have a 10 year old daughter too. I have never been in really great shape and have always battled with my weight. I come from a family of emotional eaters and over eaters, so on the being fit/healthy for a majority of my life note I can't relate but I can sympathize with how hard it is to lose in your mid 30's. It seems like everything I eat wants to manifest into an ugly cellulite fat capsule that deposits it's on my thighs or waist!
  • paddicake7
    Options
    So like I said, I never had to work out and stuff so anyone have any good tips ideas, easy exercises? Anything? I do ride my exercise bike 1 a week and my daughter and I do kinect sports 1 a week. My problem is I really don't a whole lot. What's my problem with losing weight?
  • paddicake7
    Options
    yes it is so hard to see myself this way. I ahve a little tummy, but the bad part is my thighs. After 30 it is very hard. Thanks for the motivation though, I appreciate it.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds very familiar....I don't have that much to take off...but feel the same as you do! Good luck and welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • paddicake7
    Options
    welcome to you too. Even the littlest amount seems the hardest ya know? And when your not used to having much fat, just a little can make you feel so blahhhh...Good luck to you also.