Vegetarian Friends Wanted!

Options
I want vegetarian friends to give me inspiration for meal ideas!

I eat the same things all the time, get bored and stop eating them.. As a result i'm very fussy.
Looking what other people eat in their diary's is just what i need for new simple meal ideas.

Replies

• jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ill be your friend. I'd love more ideas too. I do a lot of cooking from scratch. I would love to have a few more friends to help keep me motivated.
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. I use a lot of tofu, beans, and lentils. I don't ever get sick of the bean and lentil soups. I also eat a lot of veggie burgers. Can't go wrong with that.
  • Kahilah83
    Options
    Hey guys I rarely eat meat and consider myself an almost Vegetarian...lol... Ever tried black bean/vege cheese quesadillas..takes 10 min.. Yea a lot of soups I keep frozen fresh and canned veges on stock at all times almond milk is a great friend and Morningstar products are fab
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Vegertarian here also, I love getting meal ideas from friends! Sent you a request, anyone can feel free to add me too :)
  • Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian for the most part, though I call myself nutritarian and very occasionally will have a bit of fish or chicken. I do eat eggs and fat free or low fat cheese occasionaly. I follow the Eat To Live program by Dr. Joel Fuhrman which means I get only 10% or my calories from animal sources. Consequently most of my meals are vegetable based. I find many days I use no animal products at all and have adopted that goal. I would be happy to be your friend here. I have put together a large collection of recipes using Living Cookbook 2011, a great cookbook software program. I can even publish my entire cookbook from there and would be happy to share recipes.. :smile:
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want vegetarian friends to give me inspiration for meal ideas!

I eat the same things all the time, get bored and stop eating them.. As a result i'm very fussy.
    Looking what other people eat in their diary's is just what i need for new simple meal ideas.

I'll be your friend. I am a pescaterian and I eat dairy, but I eat 30% raw. I cook several types of dishes. What kinds of foods do you like? Also, do you eat dairy?

If you have an Asian store in your area, they should carry "fake" meat that's great for almost any dish.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I rarely eat meat and consider myself an almost Vegetarian...lol... Ever tried black bean/vege cheese quesadillas..takes 10 min.. Yea a lot of soups I keep frozen fresh and canned veges on stock at all times almond milk is a great friend and Morningstar products are fab

I you like morning star, go to your local asian market. They should have a "vegetarian" section with fake meat! Sooo much better than morning star and delish. They have fake bacon!
  • PHDbyEB
    Options
    I'm a gluten free Vegan learning lots of new, fun recipes and making up lots of my own, too. I'll be your friend :smile:
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for Vegan/Vegetarian/Pescetarian friends :)
  • KNMD
    KNMD Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I cook ALL the time. Happy to exchange ideas. I never thought to look into other's diaries for ideas!
  • hagamivida
    Options
    I'm in! I don't eat much, but I am working on eating more, so no worries. I have been veg for 4.5 years. I eat dairy and honey, and trying to cut down on dairy. Sometimes I go vegan for a few days when I am super stressed.
  • Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Yves Ground Round.. http://www.yvesveggie.com/products/detail.php/meatless-ground-round-original

This stuff is awesome! In a soup, spaghetti sauce or add gravy and you cannot tell it from hamburger. They also have deli meats like balogna and turkey but I haven't tried them yet. They are usually found with the other tofu products in the produce aisle.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been vegetarian for about 10 years.
  • ScissorSlinger
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 2 years in Feb. I am considering going vegan... I would love to have any veg friends on mfp, now I dont have any :( Oh and anything for Gardein is amazing! Try the burgers!
  • grace_c
    grace_c Posts: 28
    Options
    i'm a veggie who loves spicy food, sweet food, and everything else! i've been so limited with food because i'm dorming it up, but i would like havinng some veggie friends on mfp!
  • NikkiRoxx
    NikkiRoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and love having variety in my meals. I'm a huge foodie and love to cook!
  • I want vegetarian friends to give me inspiration for meal ideas!

im vegetarian too
  • xenatrio
    xenatrio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian so I consume things that contain egg and dairy. I use boca & morningstar alot to make crazy awesome lasagna or spaghetti. I also do pizza with black olices red onion bell peppers and feta chz. That's why I am sooo fat/obese its funny because people are like "how can you be so fat and be a vegetarian" oh and I am not new at this. I stopped eating meat when I was 12yrs old.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    vegan, feel free to add me :smile:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    vegan for 7 years now. go ahead and friend me. my veg friends love looking at my diary for new ideas.