Crystal Light Packs

Options
I'm not much of a water drinker, but I love the Crystal Light "to go" packs. I add them to a bottle of water and can drink 3-4 bottles a day. Does this still count as drinking water?

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with the Special K protein water mix.....I count them as water, but I also log them in the food log because they have calories and such....
    BUT I also LOVE my water and drink plenty of "plain" water....(:
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does count as water. And I love them too! The only problem is that 1/2 (half) the pack is 5 calories. It may not seem like much, but it can add up quickly especially if your like me and chain drink. The one I love the most is the Hunger Satisfaction Natural Strawberry and Banana which is actually 30 calories for the entire pack, but has 5g of fiber.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it better count! cause I use them a lot.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I count them as water too... i just make sure to not have ALL my water for the day be CL. It does make a nice little mid-afternoon pick me up when you don't wanna spend too many cals. :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I count them as water too... i just make sure to not have ALL my water for the day be CL. It does make a nice little mid-afternoon pick me up when you don't wanna spend too many cals. :flowerforyou:

absolutely....I drink the Special K pink lemonade and it really helps curve hunger and a sweet tooth (:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

absolutely....I drink the Special K pink lemonade and it really helps curve hunger and a sweet tooth (:

Yup.... when I get my sweet tooth I turn to it......I should pick soem up next time I go to the store....I haven't had CL for a while.
  • SugaRhee
    SugaRhee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a crystal light "to go" addict as well. As long as the calories are 5 or less. I think it is one of the reasons I get enough water every day now. I had to drink about 134 oz (=16.5 cups) (or half my body weight in oz of water every day) of water or zero calorie liquid (note* special guidelines for me, per my Dr.) since October and boy I had to find some variety. I used to think, only water counted as water, but not anymore! :)

Fresca is great too, if you need some bubbles, (zero calories and zero caffeine). I have found it in black cherry, citrus, and peach flavor at Safeway. I have also tried Torani sugar free (made with Splenda, zero calories) syrups, stirred with sparkling mineral water, makes lovely “Italian Sodas” as they call them. Smart & Final often has a good variety at better prices; I believe Cost Plus World Market carries it as well, for an ok price.
    I obviously like my carbonation.

I'm not sure how great carbonation or splenda are for you, but it was extremly helpful for me for the time being.

Bluemajestic and kandyjo make a good point; I completely forgot to include my crystal light in my food diary.... I haven't even had to count those on my diet, but now that I am transitioning to a new phase I guess I better. :)