weight training

Options
how do I get the amount of calories burned for weight training? It calculates for cardio but I don't get any cals burned when I enter my strength training.

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    There is a "weight training" option under cardio...it took me a while to find it.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i entered my exercise with set. reps, and lbs but didn't get any cals burned
  • PHDbyEB
    Options
    It's very annoying, but yes, go under "Cardiovascular" and look up strength training. You can't really get specific here, though. I'd keep track with exactly what exercises you do under the "Strength" section and just track cals in the other.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    thanks for info and yes it is confusing but it's only my first day on this site so i will be patient.
  • reeneh
    reeneh Posts: 2
    Options
    Why don't you get a calories burned total after you do the strength training? I don't understand!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Go under "Cardiovascular" and there is an option for "Strength Training." That option puts calories for weight training.
  • empleh69
    Options
    When I do weights, I am in there for an hour to 75 mins, but how many are actually lifting to use under cardio-strength training. Need I use a stop watch? LOL
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    So much beta is this topic...
    When I do weights, I am in there for an hour to 75 mins, but how many are actually lifting to use under cardio-strength training. Need I use a stop watch?

Try understanding how long a minuet is, then add all the minuets you spend working out up. that is your total.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM.
  • empleh69
    Options
    So much beta is this topic...
    When I do weights, I am in there for an hour to 75 mins, but how many are actually lifting to use under cardio-strength training. Need I use a stop watch?

Try understanding how long a minuet is, then add all the minuets you spend working out up. that is your total.

Thanks for the answer dumba$$! I was trying to say out of 75 mins in the gym, how many are actual used lifting. Not standing waiting for a machine or in between sets. This is why I hate asking anything on here.