Help!!!!!!! I hit a platuea

Options
I am stuck at 41 pounds and I need to find something to make a push! The gym I go to is great for cardio and think I am tapped out. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Do you strength train? If not, I would start there, also maybe try increasing your calories.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    can you make your diary public? if not, then how many calories are you eating? what types of exercises are you doing and how long/how often?
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try some interval training and maybe adding some strength training as well.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Try some strength training or a class at your gym like Body Pump! You just need to shake things up. And I agree that if your diary is not open that you do so that way people can help you out with what you are eating! Good luck!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with everyone else, if you are only doing cardio you need to add strength training... And the opening of the diary will also help. Most people can give you great suggestions on your daily macros and nutritional habits. good luck with your journey!!!
  • sunshine77493
    sunshine77493 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm working out with a personal trainer and he recommends interval training. For instance, if you're walking on a treadmill, increase your walking speed or try a jog for 30 seconds then go back to a moderate pace for 90 seconds. Do at least 20 to 30 minutes of intervals when you do your cardio. It really increases the fat burning. Good luck! You will break through the plateau.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Eat more and lift heavy! :) Good luck,
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    agree, you need to vary your training and surprise your body so its not expecting the same thing all the time. ie if you usually walk for 10mins, perhaps you could interval train, ie speed walk 1 min, then regular pace etc etc, or increase intensity etc.
    not sure what your food diary is like but make sure you are eating at least the minimum number of calories. are you eating back your exercise cals?
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't strength training because I am scared of bulking up! I will definitely start there! I will try and make my food diary public
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to lift weights. This girl is killing it and definitely not bulky... http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=ogdtieznB4Q...
  • lisajlly
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! You have nothing to worry about with weight training. It is important to add weight training because when you strengthen your muscles, you burn more calories, even while you sleep! Also try adding more lean proteins to your diet combined with fresh vegetables. One more thing, circuit training is a great way to shake up your routine. You could, for example, walk on the treadmill, then go immediately to a series of light weight training exercises, then finish up with another cardio exercise. Thirty minutes to an hour at a time should be plenty.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Don't be afraid of bulking up, as a woman you don't have enough testosterone to get really bulky.
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Made an appointment with a trainer and will start body pump this week!