Visalus Vi-Shape

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone's ever tried of Visalus Vi-Shape shakes? Any reviews?

thanks
fg

Replies

• bakrgirl74
    Options
    I have, I like them but will go back to Whey protein when this bag is done. I find the soy is just to harsh on my belly plus it is expensive.... But they tasted really good,
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Its just another gimmick. Doesn't work any better if you are sticking to the same calories.
    Save your money
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes I use it and promote it. It tastes great, some will knock it and others love it. I'm down 25 pounds, not just from the shakes but from hard work as well....if you have any questions just hit me up....
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i tried it!! it is pretty good, it tastes like cake mix... but it's pretty expensive. i switched to just regular protein powder (syntha-6) after my bag was done... i don't use protein powders for meal replacements tho, i bake stuff with it lol
  • Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use it, not as a weight loss tool really. I NEVER eat breakfast so I chug down a glass as my breakfast to make myself feel better about not missing 'the most important meal of the day'! LOL. It does taste good - if you like the taste of white cake batter you will love the sweet cream mix. I started using it because I was told by others that they found when they used it they had increased energy, made them last through workouts longer, etc. I haven't noticed a difference.... will finish the bag (and then the next as my husband informed me he ordered another) and then will stop. Not worth the money for me.

I do know people who had extreme amounts of weight to lose and used it twice a day as the meal replacement and they have lost lots of weight. I'm not sure what will happen to them when they add the 'normal' meal back in. I'm hoping for the best for them. Everything works differently for different people.

If you try it - good luck!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I have loved loved loved my shakes yummm...I have been doing two a day! I love mine and its not that bad money wise! Just break it down to your shakes which is about $2.00 a shake! Not bad not bad..I spend way more than that for my meals..lol..plus I spend less while shopping..I buy fruits and many other healthy options now and save money!!!
    Options
    I have loved loved loved my shakes yummm...I have been doing two a day! I love mine and its not that bad money wise! Just break it down to your shakes which is about $2.00 a shake! Not bad not bad..I spend way more than that for my meals..lol..plus I spend less while shopping..I buy fruits and many other healthy options now and save money!!!

2.00 a shake is pretty expensive when I can get a descent protein powder for 65 cents each.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options

2.00 a shake is pretty expensive when I can get a descent protein powder for 65 cents each.

I add things to my shakes! Like fruit and veggies...so yeah thats not bad...
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Plus a lot of protein powders out there are so high in carbs and other things that Body By Vi is not!!! I love how people knock something they probably have never tried! Just Sayin.....
    Options
    Plus a lot of protein powders out there are so high in carbs and other things that Body By Vi is not!!! I love how people knock something they probably have never tried! Just Sayin.....

I've tried it because I got a free bag from a friend's mom who didn't like it.
    A good powder doesn't have to be high in carbs. I have 3 different tubs with 4g of carbs or less
    Have fun wasting money. Just sayin....
  • coachlisatorres
    Options
    Well do your research. Understand what is in the Body By Vi Shake....for one, it's loaded with synthetic stuff and two, it has soy in it. Soy has been linked to shrinking the brain.

Perhaps this will shake your pants off...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=207169169348169&set=a.109044889160598.14084.100001652623296&type=3&theater
  • davidbatchelor
    Options
    I must be missing something or why else would some of you people say $2 for a meal is to expensive?
  • davidbatchelor
    Options
    So I presume you don't use a cell/mobile phone as that has also been linked to issues to the brain.

Also if you take a look at what you are currently eating, if any of it is processed, you are in for a shock.
    Well do your research. Understand what is in the Body By Vi Shake....for one, it's loaded with synthetic stuff and two, it has soy in it. Soy has been linked to shrinking the brain.

Perhaps this will shake your pants off...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=207169169348169&set=a.109044889160598.14084.100001652623296&type=3&theater
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something or why else would some of you people say $2 for a meal is to expensive?

I think they are just pointing out that many people prefer other options that may be less expensive (especially if you are going to add fruit or other items to it which technically drive up the cost of the 'meal' a bit more) and that may fit into their goals better. For example you can get large tubs of powder to make your own shakes that come in under $1 per serving. If cost is a consideration, definitely shop around - there are options at grocery stores, drugstores, and of course more specialized nutrition stores that are just as delicious and less costly. Also some people do prefer to stay away from certain ingredients (soy, sucralose, etc) that are found in some options but not in others, which is a factor. It all depends on what you are looking for and what you're willing to pay to get it.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm about to try the Vi-Salus Shape program. I tried Shakeology for a while, but I got really sick of either having orange or chocolate every day. I like the fact that the Vi-Salus is a more neutral flavor that can take on many different identities.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the feedback. i actually tried some on the weekend at a show and it was good, but i think, if i go that route, it'll be whey protein, thank you :)
  • duinvisalus
    Options
    Hi I am a director with ViSalus and am starting a new 90 day health challenge tomorrow. I am looking for people to start with me and check on our progress together. I lost 10 lbs, 19 inches, and 8 points on my bmi for the first 90 days. My blood sugar and cholesteral were normal for the first time in over 25 years. My Dr was very impressed. I have more energy too! So now have to start the working out part. I have tried so many other avenues but this is the only thing that has worked for me and that I have stuck too.