Ow...running and boobs...

Options
An hour ago I finished going on an hour and a half walking/jogging session. I only wore a t-shirt but it wasn't that cold out, being 35 degrees Fahrenheit or so. I got inside the house and realized my *chest* felt funny...I thought they might just be cold, but now I'm thinking that this is a chaffing problem. Ow. I haven't run for a while, but still this has never happened to me...plus I was wearing my regular sports bra. By the way, I recently found out that I'm a D cup instead of a C 36 like I used to be...I haven't gained weight since then, though. Ladies (and men, I suppose), any tips to prevent friction in that area/help the soreness now? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have nothing in that area, but I have heard from others on there that wearing two bras can help? Makes everything a little bit tighter, less movement/less chafing.
  • iwillberipped
    iwillberipped Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I certainly am not well endowed...but I find when I go with a sports bra that is a little (not too small) bit small than what I actually need it stays put better. If it is too large it tends to shift and chaff and make it very uncomfortable. You could double up as well to keep them under control :).
  • HayleyInMotion
    HayleyInMotion Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Instead of two bras I use a close fitting crop top - I think you can get them at sports supply stores ;) Good luck!
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    I find an extremely fitted, tight bra to be the best also. I jump up and down in the dressing room when I am trying them on, if there is any movement I don't buy it. Cause when they swell during "that time" it hurts so bad to have any bounce. :0
  • petewilson69
    Options
    Runner use band aids. ( plasters) to cover those nips.
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    Underwire sports bras. They changed my life. No boob moving.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Are you hydrating enough? Dry heated indoor air in the winter can cause such too.
  • stoutcms
    stoutcms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain......I'm currently a Double D and have to wear 3 sports bras.....stinks, but at least they stay in place :-)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I wear a tight sports bra under my workout shirts that have built in bras.

When I first started, though, I wore a 6" wide ace bandage around my breasts to keep the bouncing down. It helped a lot.

Btw, I started at a 38I, and am now a 34DD according to Victoria Secret.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like to layer a regular bra under a sports bra, as sports bras don't give me enough support on their own. I'm a 40D. Chafing can be an issue, especially in dry weather. Try Vitamin A&D ointment in the meantime, though. It should soothe the discomfort.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    try putting vaseline on the nipples, seriously, before running, or else use band aids.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    I HAD triple H's before I had a breast reduction...while I dont suggest breast reductions I do have pleanty of tips to keep those puppies in there cage!
    TWO sport bras are good.
    Two sports bras and a tight fitted undershirt is better.
    sports bras with underwires, GREAT, unless u have HUGE boobies like myself Lol
    I found that during gym class (the last time it was a huge issue as I got my reduction at 17) Ace bandeges work GREAT!!
    as for chafeing.
    diaper rash cream...seriously works great!
    or baby powder.
    I reciently came across somthing in the same isle called Monkey butt workout cream, its for bigger people to avoid chafing or rashes :)
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    ^^^^ I did NOT have the stones to buy it though Lol
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought a smaller sports bra & that helped me.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Underwire sports bras. They changed my life. No boob moving.

^^This!!

I am C cup so I went and got an underwire sports bra that flattened me out and was a bit tight. You have to try them on in the dressing room to get a nice fit. The one that works for me the best is the kind that has thick straps that criss-cross in the back.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I definately don't have this problem anymore, but when I was nursing, I used to wear a sports bra underneath an athletic tank that has a built in sports bra. And ya, big square bandaids help too :)
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Two words.....duct tape!!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    BODYGLIDE!!!

Made specifically to prevent friction.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options