50 and over Ladies

2»

Replies

• I've just joined this site and am 54 years of age so I feel as though I can add something to this thread. I lost 42lb since September 2010 but its slow going at the moment and the pounds were creeping back. Finding this site will give me the inspiration I need.
    I go to the gym twice a week and do a circuit class for the over 50s which is great fun I'm one of the youngest there. I recently bought Zumba for the Wii and try to do that twice a week, walk to work everyday (2 miles). Unfortunately I lack willpower and am easily swayed by a quick beer or a packet of biscuits.
  • I CAN'T KEEP MOTIVATED. IT SEEMS LIKE I'VE BEEN ON A DIET SINCE 18 YEARS OF AGE. I'M TURNING 50 IN DEC AND JUST WANT TO LOSE 10 OPOUND BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY SO MY CLOTHES FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE. I'VE TRIED EVERY DIET UNDER THE SUN. I EXERCISE IN SPURTS AND RIGHT NOW IT'S A DOWN SESSION. I NEED HELP TO LOSE MY 10#'S
    HHHELP!!!
  • iam 68 and this is the best , i started eating healthy in june of 2011 and i lost so far 38.7 lbs , i found this site this month and it is helping alot my sister joined also we love it <3<3
  • cherann58
    cherann58 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi ladies
    I am 53 and need to loose around 15lbs. I have been here before with my 2 daughters. But they are younger lol in the 20's so much different for me. I want to get healthy I just had a pacemaker put in in march plus I have myasthenia gravis and neither of them are going to stop me. Juts wanted to get here with woman my own age. So good luck ladies and wish me luck
  • Hi! I just joined today. I am 61 and about 30 lbs overweight. I have M.S> so, I also have fatigue issues. I started going to a trainer at the gym. He is very kind and works with my limitations. However, I want to loose the weight faster than 1 pound a week. But all the time spent on food preparation just for one person is defeating. By working with huim I have developed muscle strength which aslso adds weight at first. Bummer. What do you do?
  • BitnerM
    BitnerM Posts: 6
    Good morning, I am looking for support from ladies my own age, I have two daughters that tryed to help me stay on the diet , which isn't that hard , but they are much younger then I am and as much as I thank them it brings me down because the weight just drops off of them and I work so hard. They drop in a week 1 to 2 lbs and me oz. Well have a great day .:drinker:
  • I am in a group Seniors Losing Weight, and we have a lot of great motivators and encouragers in this group. Check it out , also.:smile:
  • If you are hitting a plateau it will help to change things up a bit. You might try changing your exercise program eg. if you were using a machine at the gym to do curls try using dumbbells instead. If you walk around your neighbourhood try introducing a hill or change your speed or distance. You could try swapping your meals around..eat dinner at breakfast. Anything to keep the body guessing and therefore working. Hope this helps :happy:
  • BitnerM
    BitnerM Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advise I will give it a try. I do walk alot so maybe I will change that up and do some strenght training. As far as what I eat I am pretty basic, I eat under my calories . I am a salad eater I eat it everyday for lunch I really love them.
  • Change is important. And if yu can add in some weight bearing exercise(I have light dumbbells here at home) it helps to build lean muscle...great booster to calorie burning which is what we are all chasing. And periodically change something... muscle confusion is important. If you search online you will get tons of into. Good luck.