Don't you just love it when....

Options
You work out really hard, burning 1,000 calories most days, eating healthy, and living an overall healthy lifestyle & BOOM you gain 5 lbs! hehe, I know, we all go through this, it just reminds me of how I need to ditch the scale & rely on photos & a tape measurer.

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'm not changing my ticker!!! Take that stupid pounds!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I did five miles everyday the week before last and gained 5 lbs. I guess my body said "what do you think you are doing? Are you trying to kill me?" Actually that is what my knees said. This week all but two have come off.

I didn't change my ticker either:drinker:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can so relate and I agree ditch the scale it can really become discouraging!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back at least some of those 1,000 calories?
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: scales are the make of the devil:devil:
    I swear I threw mine out the window last week for the 2 pound gain
    and this week it wants to kiss my butt and say I lost 5 !!!!:noway:
    Jerk-faced scale!
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I feel you. I did five miles everyday the week before last and gained 5 lbs. I guess my body said "what do you think you are doing? Are you trying to kill me?" Actually that is what my knees said. This week all but two have come off.

I didn't change my ticker either:drinker:

Haha! You're right! It's totally my bodies revenge on me! hehe I am feeling/ looking pretty swollen in the legs after all that gym time. I'm still going to kick my bodies butt today & head to the gym & go for a bike ride & maybe a swim!! Take that!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Atta girl!!!! :drinker:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Are you eating back at least some of those 1,000 calories?

Yes I am. I always eat at least half, some days almost all, even though that's a ton of calories!! I'm going to just start listening to my body. The most important thing is exercising & eating healthy. I'm not going to let my body settle on numbers anymore. I'm a firm believer that my body will tell me when i'm hungry & when i'm not.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Way to Go Girl You looking Fabulous:flowerforyou:
  • KristaMc
    KristaMc Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm just starting this weight journey. I'm not going to weight for like a mth, I was everyday and it was so stressful.
    Good luck to you
    Wow you have lost a bunch of weight, you go girl!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    109 lbs lost, that's amazing!!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Stuck to my calories and workouts like glue last week, scale never budged, not an ounce. Yesterday I had a good feed and ate pancakes w/ real butter and syrup and Taco Bell... this morning.. lost a pound. Our bodies are sometimes smarter than we are. :drinker:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! It just goes to show you that the body is a strange thing! Still, keep up the great work everyone & good luck today :smile:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks, I *really*needed a laugh today. :laugh:

I have this image of you sitting in front of the computer, pointing angrily with a finger, and telling the ticker what's what.

I can't wait until I can exercise again- I'm going to kick those pounds in the shin!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks, I *really*needed a laugh today. :laugh:

I have this image of you sitting in front of the computer, pointing angrily with a finger, and telling the ticker what's what.

I can't wait until I can exercise again- I'm going to kick those pounds in the shin!

I pictured the same thing :laugh:

Artschoolgirl - Congrats on 109 pounds lost! That truely is amazing! Just one thing, it looks like your close to the end of your weight loss journey... have you brought your calories up some? You don't want a big calorie deficit if you only have 10-20 pounds left otherwise your body won't know what to do and will just hang onto everything.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Oh relax, you know what it is... You pounded the snot out of your body and it's bloating and healing and metabolizing and it's holding an extra 3 quarts of water to do it - and that's all.

5 pounds would be 18 thousand calories. That's about 40 of them greasy Hostess fruit pies (above and beyond maintenance calories BTW). Did you by chance "accidentally" scarf down an extra 40 Apple pies?

Didn't think so - :happy:

When the dust settles you'll be down another 2 or 3. It's all good,,,
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Yes, I'm eating 1,750 a day, plus exercise calories! Eek!

And Casper, nobody's freaking out in this body! I was just making the point that you can work out tons, eat healthy, ect, ect, and temporarily gain weight! I can physically see how bloated my body is from working out so hard for the past few days! Eek! It happens to the best of us :drinker:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options

Hehe... I do the same thing. My theory is... ticker is allowed to go down, but not up, forces me to keep up the good work so my ticker doesn't "lie" for too long :)

Congrats on losing the weight you have lost! You look fantastic! And good luck getting those 5 pounds to go away, but I'm sure it's all muscle :laugh: , that's what I tell myself anyway - always makes me feel better lol.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    <<SNIP>> Eek! It happens to the best of us :drinker:

It just did boo'ful. :tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Well first congratz on all your success asg! You've done great!

I wanted to mention something I noticed as a trend. It's something I have known about for a long time, but it's exciting to be able to show it by example directly to some of you guys.

If you look at posts similar to this one (and there are lots), the majority of the time (not ALL the time, so please don't quote this and say "that's not what happened to me!" :tongue: ) the people who post this kind of thing (I.E. gaining a few lbs) are at or relatively close to a normal body weight. And a lot of them have recently either changed their exercise intensity and/or their type of exercise, like gone from all cardio to cardio plus weights, or from moderate cardio to a few days of High Intensity/duration cardio.

What do you think that means? I'm pretty sure I know what it means (in fact, I'm just about positive), but I'm curious to see how many of us realize what this says.