I don't like being a newby but here it goes....

Options
alisha11
alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
I've been overweight for well it seems like forever. Actually it started about 4 years ago, and I could blame it on a number of events occuring but basically, I just eat the wrong foods, and have too large of portions. I joined this site because I'm really hoping for a lifestyle change, no more fad diets, or eating healthy choice meals and then starving for more. I'm 21 and and am at my highest weight yet, any pointers from those that are more experienced than I are welcomed!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    we're all newbies at one time or another.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    You are only a newbie here once! And at 21 you're way ahead of the game by making a decision to change your lifestyle! Good luck and welcome:smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome Newbie!!!

I'm a newbie too!!

Glad to have you here :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

generally at the beginning
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight for well it seems like forever. Actually it started about 4 years ago, and I could blame it on a number of events occuring but basically, I just eat the wrong foods, and have too large of portions. I joined this site because I'm really hoping for a lifestyle change, no more fad diets, or eating healthy choice meals and then starving for more. I'm 21 and and am at my highest weight yet, any pointers from those that are more experienced than I are welcomed!

Hi Alisha, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

generally at the beginning

some longer then others. :huh:
  • jamieguin
    jamieguin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been using mfp for 4 weeks. It really does work. Through a series of unfortunate family events, I was on an upward spiral for the past 4 years too, and the only thing that stopped it was MFP and becoming aware of what I was doing. I have total confidence that it will work for you as long as your are honest with your entries. Congrats on taking charge and you won't regret it although it can be hard at times.
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi! I guess I'm a re-newbie! Was here last year before an injury put me out until just recently. I came back because this was the first and only place where I actually found tools and people to help with losing weight and getting in shape. It REALLY helped me before. It will now too! So, be GLAD you are a newbie here... it's the BEST decision you could make for yourself!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: