Hard time with breakfast

Options
I have such a hard time eating breakfast. I'm trying to break the habit of never eating breakfast (for like 20 years! lol) I also wake up in the morning in a rush to get to work on time... grab my leftovers for lunch and my water bottle but don't have the time to make breakfast and eat it, except on the weekends.

Do you have any super quick breakfast ideas? Or maybe something I can make ahead of time and have it ready to grab and go in the morning? I tried a cup of dry honey nut cheerios the other day (put it in a ziplock and ate it at my desk once I got to work) but I couldn't even finish the cup without feeling like I was gonna throw up. :huh: Not sure if it was the shock of my body having food so early in the morning or if I don't do well with just grains.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat....

I have been drinking a big glass of Special K protein water mix.....It has a few caloies and a little protein....its easy and not heavy on my tummy (:

I am slowly working up to breakfast.... Maybe a meal replacement shake would be a good idea....quick and easy and with nutrients you need...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Hard boiled egg (good protein)
    Berries
    Yogurt

I am the same way....I always keep cereal at the office as well as yogurt in the fridge. If you're lucky enough to have a fridge at work (where people won't take your stuff) keep a 1/2 galon of milk in it and keep 1-2 kinds of cereal in a desk drawer and help yourself after you've relaxed after the rushing of the morning.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I usually eat half of a whole wheat bagel with 1 Tbs of peanut butter and a banana. I am not a breakfast eater either and have to eat that usually an hour after I get up.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    What i did because I had to wake up a 5:30am to catch the bus for college ( I HATE YOU 8AM CLASSES!!!!) I have some tupperware with minute oats and flax in it. they had free hot water in the cafeteria so I'd just make it when I got too school. Sitting in class eatting my oatmeal.

A nice addition would be some raisins or cinnamon:heart:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I like 2 Weetabix biscuits, 3/4 cup 1% milk and a banana.

Or Cheerios instead of the Weetabix.

Weekend, it's a whole different issue as I have plenty of time to make a veggie omelette.

Sometimes I'll mix 2 scoops of protein powder with 8oz of light cranberry juice and a banana.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I've always ate breakfast for as long as I can remember so maybe thats why I MUST eat in the morning. If I don't eat in the car my belly is growling by the time I get in the office.

Easy breakfast:
    Special K with 1% milk
    Instant Flavored Oatmeal
    Piece of Fruit
    Wheat toast with peanut butter
    Kelloggs Fiber One or Special K breakfast bars

Make ahead and grab:
    Make some eggs (egg substitute) with peppers/onions/etc. to heat in the morning and throw in a pita or wrap it up in a tortilla.

Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day so I urge you to try and have your body adapt to eating it!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    put 2 Tbs. Peanut Butter on some whole grain bread ( I like Miltons) wrap it around a banana and eat it like a hot dog.

Fast, easy, and yummy.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You could make a shake (pb and banana is my fav) the night before, leave it in the fridge then down it while you get ready. Make sure you have enough protien in the shake to keep you full till lunch.
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    I like to make smoothies for the week on sunday (freeze them in indivdual cups, either defrost in the fridge overnight or mine generally defrosts on my drive in to work... ) I like to make my smoothies with an assortment of berries, a banana, fat free - sugar free sorbet, rice milk, and a splash of juice (depending on how many fresh fruits I have (frozen berries work just as well...) :smile: Good luck!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was going to say smoothie too. They are really easy on a not so happy morning tummy. If you don't feel you have time to make them dannon makes some great low cal ones....
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I really like my eggs in the morning... but if you want something you don't have to make in the morning yogurt with TVP is good. TVP is pretty high in protein too so even though you may not use a big amount of it you will still get enough protein and not have a large meal. Then just work your way up to more.. eventually adding a fruit to it or having a different meal altogether.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    wow... thanks for all the ideas.

Think I'm gonna try liquid breakfast (smoothie, protein shake) until I can get my body worked up to eating food for breakfast without it freaking out at me :laugh:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I'm kinda like that, but I know it's my body's playing tricks on me. Eating anything healthy like fruit, yogurt, whole grains, etc. make me want to hurl. But give me something like junk food or something meaty (like bacon or sausage) and I'm good to go!