Do you feel guilty?

Options
2»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't like cheat days. I find that I don't bounce back to my routine easily when I have them, so instead of scheduling them in like many others, I just spread out my cheat meals (which are usually not too bad anymore) over several weeks and compensate for the meal overage with a lighter dinner or other meal.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Not one bit!
    Why?
    I earned it, planned it and deserve to live life doing what I enjoy.
    Shrug off those shackles of guilt - liberate yourself and live a little.

I guess so ya. I went over on sugar and salt today, but my calories are under at least
    That's not even a cheat day, and here is a much better term: "Re-Feed Therapy"

It sounds more scientific....:smile:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Nah. You need to indulge every now and again so you don't wear yourself out and give up on your goals all together. Just don't go crazy all the time.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    No. It's never good to have a bad relationship with food.
    I don't call it ''cheating'' just living.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    In fact I think the term "cheat" is a bad idea. I don't cheat. I eat what I want, and if it's more than usual I can make up for that the next day. But cheating is a different concept that I can't support.

Exactly! Why call it a CHEAT day/meal? Who are you cheating? lol Shame and Guilt are just counterproductive and a way to make us feel bad about ourselves. I'm working on being kind to myself. Doing my best at eating as healthy as I can and exercising. If I make a choice that is not optimum, log it, enjoy it and move on.

^^^ what they said :o) it's not cheating. This whole food diary thing to me is to teach me "everything in moderation" and learn how much of everything I can have and not go way over in calories. I don't believe in 'diets' and don't feel like it works in the long term. Eat everythign you like, just learn to do it within moderation and go back to healthier choices the next day and move on. And most importantly good job staying under your calories no matter what it was you ate!!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nope

I try not to associate emotion with food, its counter-productive.

'I felt bad, i ate so much, now I'll eat more to feel better'

And the cycle continues.

I love your response. I am striving to have this attitude. Sadly I am still in the cycle, but working on it.
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lots of people do, but I personally don't understand it. It's just food. It didn't hurt anybody. In fact, if you only do it occasionally, it's good for your metabolism. Guilt is useless. If you're going to eat it, enjoy it and move on.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!! I just had a cheat night and feel soooo badly! :(