Ow...running and boobs...

Options
2»

Replies

• Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra and a tight fitting sports bra over top. I am a 34 DD at la senza but I got my sports bra from a Canadian store called change, they always seem to fit me the best.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    Reciently though (now I'm a high C)
    I have been using my regular push em' up, with a sports bra over. Still gives my boobies shape, and security and no nipple rubbing!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    i know the feeling girl! i am a double d. and found that i had problems when i first started as well. what i do is wear an underwire bra, duct tape them down, then wear a tank top, then a tshirt and a sweatshirt. i know its a lot, but its also causing my breasts to sweat more (and i wanna go down a couple cup sizes). good luck hope you find a remedy that works for ya. :)
  • petewilson69
    Options
    Yep duct tape would do it. Lol
  • petewilson69
    Options
    I'm so pleased I don't have this problem. :-)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Two sports bras (or maybe a regular bra with 1 or 2 sports bras on top) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, vaseline for the chafing. I had chafing on my thighs when I ran 6 miles per day- vaseline (although it felt a little gross) - it was bearable to run in and didn't have any chafing.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Tata Tamer from Lululemon....amazing
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I use a tight fitting sports bra, wear it inside out, and for chafing there is a stick-like deal you can use. It's called Glide. I found it at ****'s sporting goods. I use it on my thunder thighs (lol) and it works great!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    A mix of two bras one size smaller then the other is very popular. Personally, I ended up buying one of those bras that look like it's made out of a thick ribbed legging material and completely make D look like A- but it works.
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't have this issue, but you might try chamois creme like cyclists use to prevent friction issues in the saddle.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    A really good sports bra with an underwire and a tank that has the top shelf bra built into it.
    I am a 38 D. and I have found this to be the most helpful really contains the "bounce" for less pain
  • aramsdor
    Options
    I am an avid runner who has had many boob issues with running. The number one thing I reccomend is a Lynx sports bra, they are amazing and life changing. I am a DD and I can run, use the elliptical, and spin in spin class with little to no bounce. I was training for a half marathon and threw out my back because my chest was bouncing too much in my bra. My Lynx bra not only solved my bouncing issues, but I have NEVER chaffed while wearing it. Unlike most other sports bras made for large chested women the Lynx bra does not have wires or five hooks in the back, it actually looks like all the normal sports bras out there.

If you cant tell from my post I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Lynx! I am not affiliated with Lynx at all, it has just changed my life when it comes to running and working out.

If you decide to order one make sure to measure your chest so you get an accurate fit.

I found out about mine at a running convention, but I have included the link below in case you want to check them out.

http://www.lynxsportswear.com/Lynx-Sports-Bra_p_8.html
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am an avid runner who has had many boob issues with running. The number one thing I reccomend is a Lynx sports bra, they are amazing and life changing. I am a DD and I can run, use the elliptical, and spin in spin class with little to no bounce. I was training for a half marathon and threw out my back because my chest was bouncing too much in my bra. My Lynx bra not only solved my bouncing issues, but I have NEVER chaffed while wearing it. Unlike most other sports bras made for large chested women the Lynx bra does not have wires or five hooks in the back, it actually looks like all the normal sports bras out there.

If you cant tell from my post I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Lynx! I am not affiliated with Lynx at all, it has just changed my life when it comes to running and working out.

If you decide to order one make sure to measure your chest so you get an accurate fit.

I found out about mine at a running convention, but I have included the link below in case you want to check them out.

http://www.lynxsportswear.com/Lynx-Sports-Bra_p_8.html
    How accurate did you find ttheir sizing chart?
  • aramsdor
    Options
    When I measured myself the way they showed in the video I found it to be very accurate. My bra fit perfectly when I received it. If the bra does not fit correctly and it is unworn they will send you a new size no questions asked.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have nothing in that area, but I have heard from others on there that wearing two bras can help? Makes everything a little bit tighter, less movement/less chafing.

Yes! I wear two bras whenever I workout. I recommend getting a sports bra in your size and then one a bit smaller for on top. (: hope this helps!
  • T1gerLily
    Options
    Agreed! Wearing two sports bra has helped me tremendously! I found running/jogging was painful and too uncomfortable with only one bra. Get as much support you need there! Less movement the better!