am I the only big snacker here

Options
I prefer snacks over real meals (breakfast, lunch or dinner)
& now that I'm counting calories I noticed my snack time contain more calories than my breakfast, lunch or dinner
my problem is with the quantity not with the quality
when I snack I lose control
when I should have one spoon of peanut butter I have two
when I should have 10 almonds I have ..I don't know maybe 40
...etc
usually I snack junk food all day long..now I'm trying to change this habit & eat healthy but even when I'm eating healthy I overeat :(

so any tips? :)

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am also a snacker. I would just suggest you find low calorie snack you like and measure them out so you have one serving only.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I measure out my snack food into a plastic baggie which then lives in my purse for the day. It goes with me so I am not caught out hungry and once its gone no more snacks for me.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE snacker. But I fit it in. I'll show you a "usual" day for me. I eat around 1600 cals.

Breakfast - Egg white omelette with spinach and steamed veggies

Snacks - air-popped popcorn, sugar-free jelly, apple, more jelly/popcorn

Lunch - Steamed chicken and veggies

Snacks - yogurt, banana, steamed mini dim sims, carrot

Dinner - Usually something around 400 cals

Snack - Cereal and maybe more jelly

(Yes, I loves me some sugar free jelly)

I usually find eating proper brekky, lunch and dinner really helps. I just make brekky and lunch low cal so I have room to snack! :)
  • Aargh76
    Options
    I go through cycles =[ I have found that it is true that eating before I go grocery shopping helps keep me from buying as much junk food. I still end up with something like sunflower seeds, or a candy bar, but it's not as bad as if I go shopping on an empty stomach. This actually works with my lack of motivation to get back in my vehicle and drive all the way back to the store later, after I've eaten my small store of junk. This may not be much help, but it's sort of a way of making laziness/procrastination work for you lol
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Could you try scheduling your snacks? I have a morning snack between 11 and noon and an afternoon one between 4 and 5. On my plan I keep meals and snack times consistent and I find it helps. One of my problems before was "mindless" eating. I just snacked out of boredom or anxiety or because I couldn't let myself have that slightly hungry feeling and had to always feel "full". Planning my eating - not just portions but timing - has helped tremendously.