need help cutting back on bread...

Options
Okay so the one thing that I freaking LOVE is sandwiches.
I really need help cutting this addiction :(
I used to eat like a whole loaf per day and didn't eat any for awhile but once i have one slice i cannot help it i binged and had like 8 slices today :(

I can't just limit it because I know if I "just have one" it will turn into "just two" etc etc.

Has anyone cut out bread from their lives?
Please help?
Any tips?

Replies

• arlyn70
    arlyn70 Posts: 55
    Options
    i also love bread, but i dont eat that much.. i eat 2 max 3 toast 3 times a week just morning..i am losing weigth
    cutting all in once and dont think is healthy...
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am a compulsive eater and food addict....anything with flour / sugar (especially bread) will set me off to compulsive overeating.
    I have had to find my trigger foods and trigger behavior and just drop them from my life....in order to be free of compulsive eating.

In research, I have found that using a small round pita bread, only half per day...does not set me off.....

CRAVINGS/BINGING....try to reserve 2 oz. protein (preferably meat, tuna) when you are off and running....WORKS FOR ME...

ODAT:flowerforyou:
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I struggle too, I just watch the sugar in them. The one I have at the moment is 1.5g of sugar per slice and I have no more than 2 per day. I keep it in the freezer too so I don't feel rushed to eat it all before it goes off. Personally, it's much healthier for me to have toast than it is for me to have cereal with milk in the morning due to the sugars so I would never be able to give up bread completely unless there is another breakfast alternative.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm the same way! I used to eat about two sandwiches a day, and if I wanted a snack I would go straight to the bread and down a couple slices just cause. I guess I'm a pretty bad example though, because I had about six slices of bread today, whereas I usually have none to two. But anyway's that never happens anymore!

What I did to change my ways was find new favorite foods. I got extremely into oatmeal! I have it almost every day instead of sandwiches. I also eat nutri-grain whole wheat waffles or salads every now and then. For quick snacks I'll have some string cheeses, granola bars or some fruits and vegetables ready instead of resorting to a slice of bread. But I try to avoid eating bread as often as possible! Find something else you enjoy just as much :))))
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    After a time away from it the cravings will subside for the most part. My advise is don't take that first bite. For some of us there are trigger foods that can start the binging cycle. I know exactly how you feel. (One bite is too much..the whole loaf is never enough)
  • KaySera
    KaySera Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am the original carb addict - I love my bread. But, in the hope I would be able to wean myself off it, I stopped eating any kind of bread last Sunday (exactly a week ago). It was hard going but I managed it.

After walking my dogs this morning, I came home to the smell of bacon cooking....and as I type this, I'm enjoying not one but two bacon butty rolls, covered in HP sauce with a huge mug of tea. The rolls are white bread too....oh, the shame of it!

After all, tomorrow is another day.......