can you help??

Options
EMarvie
EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
Hey everyone - need some help - Im kinda new here - (about 3 weeks)

I know that bump apparently helps you track the posts that you write bump in - but how is it that you find these again?
Im kinda new and i really dont understand how this works..

can anyone help??

Replies

• sgutteridge
    Options
    Morning,

I'm new to these boards but not new to boards in general.

The term 'bump' is used to return a post to the top of the boards. The messages boards are listed with the topics that have new posts first so if a topic doesnt get posts for a while it dropes down the boards. People would simple put a post on the end of the topic with the word 'bump' in it to return the post to the top of the list.

While this does keep a topic on the first page it is very much DISCOURAGED by most boards as you end up with many threads(topics) being 'bumped' and they fight for the top spot.

hope it helps

EDIT: Typos
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When you go to the message board on top there is my topics, click on that.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ok, thanks - much appreciated!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG... I still dont understand about the Bump and i have been here for couple Month now:grumble:
    But Have a Great Sunday Every one:flowerforyou:
  • carobas
    carobas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    same things for me, been on this for months, still don't understand about the ''bump''

Great sunday..
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    When someone writes bump, they are just moving the topic to the top so more people see it, since some people only look at the messages on the top. So instead of writing a real post, they just write bump.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Because there is so much info on the message boards, you may come across something you want to read or access later. Replying to a post with "Bump" automatically puts the post in your "My Topics" area of the message boards (See the navigation bar "Home" "Recent Posts" "My Topics" "Settings" "Search"). Bump is very useful for finding posts later, but any response you give will also put the thread in your "My Topics" area.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for explaining that I had no idea what "Bump" was. Now I know. Thanks again.
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks that helps me because I usually stick to my application on my iPhone. So I am new to using the website.
  • carobas
    carobas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank for helping me too, now I know what ''bump'' means,,
  • Cmoustafa
    Options
    Hi Guys! Just wanted to let everyone know I'm a nutrition consultant and use this tool frequently to help myself and clients. Please feel free to message me if you need a little more help reaching your weight/nutrition goals!!