should I be losing or maintaining?

Options
I feel horribly fat when I look in the mirror, but maybe I just need more tone? I'm 5'7 for 133lb, and wear a UK 8 (but am verrrry small boned). Give me some advice plleeeeaaase.... MFP has me on 1200 calories net per day, and I don't feel that's enough on the days I dn't work out - I'm always hungry! I work out 5x weekly, but the days I don't I'll never stick to a calorie limit that low...

Replies

• TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey there!

Toning may just be thing for you! I'm 5'7 as well and 133 is a very ideal weight for someone that height, especially with a small frame. :smile: Ahh, what I wouldn't give to weigh 133 #s! :tongue: I'm "big boned" and have my weight pretty well proportioned througout my body - but I still need to lose about 15 to 20 #s to be at my ideal weight.

:flowerforyou:
  • xmissxshelx
    Options
    You really should only be maintaining. I don't think you should be losing at all. Especially if you're small boned. Thats just my opinion. :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yeah, you're below your BMR there, that's probably not a good thing. If I were you, I'd set your goal at maintenance and just not eat all your exercise calories.

best luck!
  • io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    Options
    I suppose the issue is that because I'm small boned I feel I should weigh less...? Or maybe I just have a screwed up body image.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, please don't try to lose any more. Tone that body up & you'll look fantastic! (I'm 5'-7" also).
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same questions... I'm 5'6 and 125 pounds but I still feel very chubby and flabby. I'm not sure if i should keep losing weight or start toning up. I thought you have to lose the fat over your muscles to be smaller and toned so I'm too confused
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same questions... I'm 5'6 and 125 pounds but I still feel very chubby and flabby. I'm not sure if i should keep losing weight or start toning up. I thought you have to lose the fat over your muscles to be smaller and toned so I'm too confused

Start toning up. You'll be amazed at the difference in your body once you start putting some tone in it. Plus, it might not be "fat" that you're seeing. Once you get some good muscle tone, your body will take a "different" shape.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5'7 and my weight ranges from 129-131ish
    I'm relatively 'thin' (or so I've been told) but still need work getting toned.....my gut is saying you need to work-out/tone and NOT loose anymore
    I wear a size 4/6
    I can tell you I would die eating only 1200....I eat 1800-1900 on days I work out (6 days a week)

Good luck!
    Kim
  • karenmacneil
    Options
    5'7 and 133 lbs is a great weight...my thoughts are that if you're feeling soft then you should be all about toning up and sculpting you're body because there is nothing wrong with your weight. Be sure thay you're not being too hard on your body though. Good Luck!