HRM that measures distance or speed??

Options
Does anyone know of a HRM that is able to measure how far you have walked/run and speed??

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Garmin makes lots of GPS watches that do just that. I have a Garmin 310XT. Gives you more information than you will ever need. Time, speed, pace, distance, heart rate, calories burned, etc...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There are also models that have "foot pods" that you can buy separately for exactly that
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes, Garmin. I have the old model "Forerunner 305" and, although big, it does the job well.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner Series. I have the 610.
    You can use the built in GPS for outside and get a Foot Pod (attaches to shoe) for inside.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Garmin's products are the most reliable because they have the most reliable satellites.
  • ChickenTuna
    ChickenTuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    if you have an ipod touch or iphone there is a great app through Nike that measures distance, pace per mile, calories burned, and keeps track of your progress. Also if you put it on your ipone it will GPS your run/walk. (Nike GPS)
  • dominions
    Options
    Iphone apps a plenty, speed distance calories then see it all emailed to you so you can see it all on a map. etc etc and you can get attachments that read your heart rate as well.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I will join the choir - you should get a Garmin - Look at this site https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142

As someone mentioned - it can also be used indoor if you buy a foot device (extra$$). Garmin has a website http://connect.garmin.com/ where you can log in and download your data to look at.

Also, there are several iPhone apps. mapmyrun, run keeper, to name a couple.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    This is one I have it doesn't have the GPS so is less expensive than the Garmin, (I got one of those for my son) either are good equipment. http://www.epinions.com/specs/Silva_Tech_40_Traileader_Pro
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405cx and love it, it measures time, distance, pace, cadence, splits, calories, heart rate, and probably more that I dont know. I mainly use it when i run or walk outdoors. I lose sattellite reception when im in the gym and therefore I use a Polar F4..
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I have used Garmin products for quite a while now. Very reliable HRM.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Garmin's products are the most reliable because they have the most reliable satellites.

All GPS manufacturers use the same satellites. Individual manufacturers may have their own technology or type of antenna to use in their products, but the GPS satellites are handled by the government, not a private entity.
  • jpswizzle
    jpswizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got a Garmin 410 forerunner three years ago, and have never looked back. The software online is really great too, called Garmin Connect.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ALSO AN APP FOR AND DROID AND IPHONE CALLED MAPMYRUN.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i JUST PURCHASED A POLAR FT60 THIS WEEK. HAS GPS TRACKING AND YOU CAN GET THE FOOT POD. HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT GPS YET.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The "MAPMy" series (walk, run, hike,fitness" for Android phones are pretty accurate for average distances and speed. Less so, over short times and distances. Has some problems in an environment of tall buildings. But I've been very satisfied with the its performance compared to a dedicated GPS.